GloDroid (Android-13)
(07-31-2020, 07:21 AM)nas Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 05:13 PM)lcayer1 Wrote: Do you have instructions or script to install Glodroid on pinephone?

Go to release page and click on assets dropdown arrow. For latest version, download gd-pinephone-v0.3.0.tar.gz and extract archive to a folder.

Then follow Deploying GloDroid instructions on main page but summarised:

1) flash sd card with  deploy-sd-for.emmc.img
2) insert sd card in phone and connect to pc with red usb cable
3) phone display will remain black but wait 10secs
4) open terminal on pc and goto directory where archive extracted
5) run install script, eg  bash ./flash-emmc.sh
6) when script pauses, hold power button for 10secs, disconnect cable
6) remove sd card, reconnect usb cable and press enter
7) phone will display fastboot menu and script will continue
8) if failure message, run install script again
9) if success message, reboot phone to start android

0) if adb not already installed on pc then  sudo apt install adb
X) don't want install to emmc? substitute with deploy-sd.img  
and flash-sd.sh

Z) some reports of usb issues which prevent deploy method of install - in which case, read this thread or download v0.20 and flash as a regular image

I used these directions to install GloDroid to an SDCard with success. I did the "step X)" in the instructions and substituted "deploy-sd.img" and "flash-sd.sh" in the process. There was a lot of informative script that I could monitor the progress by. At the end, my screen was blank for awhile, but I kicked back and watched the evening news and let the PinePhone do what it wanted. Eventually, the "Android" screen appeared and the rest is history. I'm liking this. Android is running on my SDCard only on the pre-Pro model PinePhone. It even runs Mullvad Wireguard VPN. My microphone does not seem to work, though, for my normal "Conversations" XMPP app. Wifi is working and so is F-Droid. Hypatia malware scanner works fine, too. The Android system navigation seems as fast as my regular Android phone. I know that I am running off of SDCard, maybe that is not the perfect test, and GloDroid is still in development. I wanted to try it before I flashed to emmc. This is as polished as the regular Android and runs just as fast even on the SDCard. Thanks GloDroid! Does anyone have their microphone working on the emmc flash?
Hello,
I tried 0.7.6 on my pinephone both with sd and mmc and in both cases after a seemingly successful installation, the phone boots for a long while, sometimes showing the android logo, and then turns off by itself.

Unsure about how to proceed further.
(07-17-2022, 10:47 AM)wave22 Wrote: Hello,
I tried 0.7.6 on my pinephone both with sd and mmc and in both cases after a seemingly successful installation, the phone boots for a long while, sometimes showing the android logo, and then turns off by itself.

Unsure about how to proceed further.

You are probably better off going to their GitHub repo to ask
Android 13 is now available for PinePhone and PinePhone Pro!

Here is the link to download the image: https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_man...tag/v0.8.0
I've been using version 0.7.6 for some days now and it's pretty good.
I have only one major concern: wifi works smoothly as long as the screen is turned on, but when I lock the screen the wifi turns off after few minutes. How can I disable this? I cannot test mobile data right now because I don't have a sim of the right dimension, but even if this problem does not happen with the modem I would still prefer to be able to keep the wifi turned on when the screen is locked/turned off
I wish they would stop upgrading Android versions and just concentrate on getting a stable OS.

They are also up to the version 0.8.X last time I looked.
(10-05-2022, 03:23 PM)Egolep Wrote: I've been using version 0.7.6 for some days now and it's pretty good.
I have only one major concern: wifi works smoothly as long as the screen is turned on, but when I lock the screen the wifi turns off after few minutes. How can I disable this? I cannot test mobile data right now because I don't have a sim of the right dimension, but even if this problem does not happen with the modem I would still prefer to be able to keep the wifi turned on when the screen is locked/turned off

I have the newest version, v0.8.1, installed and am having the same issue with wifi turning off when the screen turns off. I don't know how to fix this either.
(05-04-2022, 01:02 PM)t2moo Wrote: [...] My microphone does not seem to work, though, for my normal "Conversations" XMPP app. [...] Does anyone have their microphone working on the emmc flash?

My microphone doesn't work in Conversations either, but I saw a report that someone got their mic working during a regular voice call.

There does seem to be a new issue about this here: https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_man...issues/229
Did they drop the non-pro PinePhone?
As far as I can tell, no, the PinePhone is still supported, and they write that PinePhone Pro support is still in a very bad shape.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GloDroid (Android-14) GaryM 1 137 04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: GaryM
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 2,022 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,120 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,947 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,510 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,827 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,336 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219