GloDroid (Android-13)
Hi, I'm trying to install GloDroid version 0.6.1 to a uSD card for my PinePhone by flashing deploy-sd.img and then running ./flash-sd.sh after inserting the uSD and plugging in the phone ... everything seems to go smoothly until the very end when I see:

Rebooting into fastboot                            FAILED (remote: 'Cannot set fastboot flag')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

... by the way, everything works perfectly if I flash to eMMC.

Addendum: There's a show stopper here for me. I've always been on the "always hide your SSID" side of the WiFi argument, and GloDroid flatly refuses to connect unless I un-hide it. This won't work.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
I am getting something similar when doing the SD card image

scanning bus usb@1c1a000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1a400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1b000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1b400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
3670 bytes read in 1 ms (3.5 MiB/s)
## Executing script at 53000000
Could not find "misc" partition
** Bad device specification mmc 0#misc **
Couldn't find partition mmc 0#misc
musb-hdrc: peripheral reset irq lost!

(06-02-2021, 04:08 PM)Avisando Wrote: Coincidentally, I also did a tutorial on installing GloDroid almost at the same time as linmob. Wink

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwgUVXuP18E

But not working out. The SD card image wont boot

scanning bus usb@1c1a000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1a400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1b000 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus usb@1c1b400 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
3670 bytes read in 1 ms (3.5 MiB/s)
## Executing script at 53000000
Could not find "misc" partition
** Bad device specification mmc 0#misc **
Couldn't find partition mmc 0#misc
musb-hdrc: peripheral reset irq lost!
Android-12 released

https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_man...ses/v0.7.0
(11-24-2021, 11:13 AM)rsglobal Wrote: Android-12 released

https://github.com/GloDroid/glodroid_man...ses/v0.7.0

No, not released. It's "Pre-Release"

Also on the other one it states "WORK IN PROGRESS. DO NOT USE!"

In addition, there is no pinephone image.
(11-22-2021, 08:33 PM)KNERD Wrote: I am getting something similar when doing the SD card image

Yeah, and the weird part is the eMMC image works just fine.  The "flash-sd" shell script attempts to flash "bootloader-sd.img", my guess is there's something wrong with that image, but I'm not familiar enough with it to plow through it.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(11-24-2021, 02:18 PM)Fred Zyphal Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 08:33 PM)KNERD Wrote: I am getting something similar when doing the SD card image

Yeah, and the weird part is the eMMC image works just fine.  The "flash-sd" shell script attempts to flash "bootloader-sd.img", my guess is there's something wrong with that image, but I'm not familiar enough with it to plow through it.

I am guessing v.0.7.0 will be ready by tomorrow. They mention some instructions will be posted tomorrow. Hopefully the PinePhone image will be included. However, they state NOTHING functions on the PinePhone so even putting it on the phone would probably be a waste of time.
Hello,
I installed Glodroid 0.7.0 on my PinePhone but when I make a phone call I hear no sound and my caller doesn't hear any sound either.
Is there a way to solve this problem or simply Glodroid does not take phone calls into account at the moment?
Thanks in advance Smile
(11-27-2021, 04:00 AM)Avisando Wrote: Hello,
I installed Glodroid 0.7.0 on my PinePhone but when I make a phone call I hear no sound and my caller doesn't hear any sound either.
Is there a way to solve this problem or simply Glodroid does not take phone calls into account at the moment?
Thanks in advance Smile

It seems you did not even bother to read their release notes.

Quote:PinePhone
  • Initial RIL support:
    RIL library from AOSP Cuttlefish emulator used. It fits all VNDK requirements of Android-12.
    Almost nothing is working yet. You can make a call without a sound if you're lucky (works only with some mobile operators)
Unknown but in the meanwhile playing with the current release.

I had no luck with mupen64plus in retropie on debian but installed it on glodroid and n64 emulation works pretty well - here's a blurrycam video of the results Wink
(02-07-2022, 09:34 AM)elimark12 Wrote: Unknown but in the meanwhile playing with the current release.

I had no luck with mupen64plus in retropie on debian but installed it on glodroid and n64 emulation works pretty well - here's a blurrycam video of the results Wink

Where's the video?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GloDroid (Android-14) GaryM 1 149 04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: GaryM
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 2,031 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,125 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,984 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,517 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,827 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,340 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219