Cellular switch (sw1) causes wifi to stop working
I got my phone yesterday and it seems to be working per the various caveats I've been reading about online.  So I decided I might as well turn off the cell modem since it seems it will be a while before it's ready to use.  This seemed sensible since it devours the battery and the software toggles on the radios still seem a bit flakey.  However, when I turn the cell modem (sw1) off, wifi no longer appears functional in that I no longer see any access points.  I toggled sw2 off and back on thinking I might have accidentally flipped it too, but that didn't seem to help.  When I turn sw1 back on, I again see wifi access points and can connect.  I've been powering down the device before changing switch settings.  I'm (possibly incorrectly) assuming this is a software issue as it seems like something that would have been noticed if it were hardware... or it could be a problem with my device?
(07-08-2020, 10:08 AM)blihp Wrote: I got my phone yesterday and it seems to be working per the various caveats I've been reading about online.  So I decided I might as well turn off the cell modem since it seems it will be a while before it's ready to use.  This seemed sensible since it devours the battery and the software toggles on the radios still seem a bit flakey.  However, when I turn the cell modem (sw1) off, wifi no longer appears functional in that I no longer see any access points.  I toggled sw2 off and back on thinking I might have accidentally flipped it too, but that didn't seem to help.  When I turn sw1 back on, I again see wifi access points and can connect.  I've been powering down the device before changing switch settings.  I'm (possibly incorrectly) assuming this is a software issue as it seems like something that would have been noticed if it were hardware... or it could be a problem with my device?
I'm under the belief this is software related as well. I received my PinePhone about a month ago and used it with and without SW1 off and the wifi would still work. After I upgraded to Version 4 is when I started to notice this particular issue. I'm going to do some troubleshooting on mine after I'm off work to see if the behavior is consistent. Maybe I'll be able to grab some useful logs to help out
I would try a different distro and see if it has the same issue. since I switched to ArchARM my wifi works flawlessly.
How do you turn the switches on and off?they are so small I barely can read on them. I am afraid to break it. Is there a special tool?
(07-21-2020, 05:23 PM)natasha Wrote: How do you turn the switches on and off?they are so small I barely can read on them.  I am afraid to break it. Is there a special tool?

They are actually reasonably sturdy, but you do want to be gentle with them since they aren't intended to be used frequently like a light switch. (i.e. if you end up flipping them back and forth a few dozen times over the life of your phone you should be fine)  If you don't have any tools with a fine enough point, you can 'unfold' a paperclip and use it to flip them on/off.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nextcloud Account setup not working kelbot 3 6,512 04-21-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  UBPorts Not Working Pinoideae 7 9,344 03-13-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  If you're ready to tinker - here is how to get the more features working right now Luke 17 32,122 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Csanderson0313
  Pinephone 3G Bluetooth Working Pretty Well With Latest Mobian Updates rmcg 0 2,426 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: rmcg
  Is there any way to tell CRUST to leave the wifi alone? Athansor 5 7,555 09-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
Question Camera(s) not working? UNi 9 13,434 09-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Cree
  cellular connection: status and technical information? pphone-newbie 2 3,528 09-03-2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: pphone-newbie
  File transfer mode no longer working? Zweitaktmotor 0 2,040 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Any chance that we get WiFi texting/calling on UT? ragreenburg 0 2,067 08-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  How Do I Switch To Development Channel syrinx 0 1,946 07-31-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: syrinx