Manjaro bootup freezes on logo before Login
Yea that is pretty much what any SD IMG for pbp does. That particular one was geared to recreate that first boot experience, and wipe/install to the emmc. Pretty much all others are live imgs. If you can boot the live version of desktop you want, you can also use that to overwrite your emmc install with a live version of Manjaro.
(07-08-2020, 04:08 PM)tophneal Wrote: Yea that is pretty much what any SD IMG for pbp does. That particular one was geared to recreate that first boot experience, and wipe/install to the emmc. Pretty much all others are live imgs. If you can boot the live version of desktop you want, you can also use that to overwrite your emmc install with a live version of Manjaro.
So if i tried it again and it boots up how would i go about doing that? All was well until i took out the SD card. Or do i have to get one of the live images first? Sorry about the 20 questions
Tried what again? Booting the emmc installer IMG?

I don't know if a live imgs is what you need, but they can make troubleshooting easier. I'd write the live version of the Manjaro IMG you want into SD and boot that. If it booted, I'd probably try writing that same IMG from a USB (to transfer) to the emmc. If that boots you can just make the changes you want to it. The differences were negligible vs the OEM install.
(07-08-2020, 04:19 PM)tophneal Wrote: Tried what again? Booting the emmc installer IMG?

I don't know if a live imgs is what you need, but they can make troubleshooting easier. I'd write the live version of the Manjaro IMG you want into SD and boot that. If it booted, I'd probably try writing that same IMG from a USB (to transfer) to the emmc. If that boots you can just make the changes you want to it. The differences were negligible vs the OEM install.
I see what happened. They don't have an emmc installer image for 20.06. I used a live image not paying attention. 20.04 should work and then i can just update.
I seem to be having the same problem, and have ordered the hardware necessary to do a fresh installation, maybe of another OS.  The posts at Manjaro's forum seem pretty intimidating and I was unable to find a post about this particular problem.  

Is there some way to bypass the graphical signin screen and get to a command line on startup?

-v
(07-08-2020, 04:50 PM)LMalilil Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 04:19 PM)tophneal Wrote: Tried what again? Booting the emmc installer IMG?

I see what happened. They don't have an emmc installer image for 20.06. I used a live image not paying attention. 20.04 should work and then i can just update.

Update: Neither the solutions below nor the ones suggested in the Manjaro forum seemed to help, so I am now trying to reinstall the operating system from a fresh image.  Having problems, but that's not for this thread.

---

I have what seems like the same problem and think I may have found the reason.  I did what it said not to do at

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...ank_screen

and tried to increase the size of the text by changing the LCD screen resolution (along with a bunch of other stuff, since it was a new installation) before the reboot that disclosed the problem.  I'll try the solution there and report back.
Ended up reinstalling from a micro SD card. Details in another thread at

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/cant-boot-pi...g/153995/4

Happy camper again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 263 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,723 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 309 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,088 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,168 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 390 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 863 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,999 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,949 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 754 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez