AVMultiphone on Pinephone
AVMultiphone is based on PostmarketOS resp. Alpine Linux.
The system runs from sd card or emmc, GUI is Mate.

https://de.osdn.net/projects/avmultimedia/releases/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNaftRCCRP8

"Unlike other Linux distributions for the PinePhone, which are focussed primarily on
the path of the classic smartphone desktop, AVMultiPhone consciously
takes the path to unite the classic desktop with the smartphone functionality on an
equal footing. [...] The connection to desktop screens is done via WLAN and/or USB.
GIMP, LibreOffice, Kodi, Inkscape and around 20,000 other Linux programs
are available on the smartphone."

https://linuxnews.de/2020/06/avmultimedi...-bekommen/
Not sure how to test wlan connection to a desktop screen or how to exit kodi once loaded but nice to see the camera working.

.jpg   avmulti-pinephone.jpg (Size: 60.75 KB / Downloads: 465)
(07-05-2020, 10:32 AM)nas Wrote: Not sure how to test wlan connection to a desktop screen or how to exit kodi once loaded but nice to see the camera working.
Just started Kodi the first time in landscape format, works well.
Going back a level just tap in the left upper corner, for exit tap on the "standby-symbol".
Watching a movie and charging the phone in parallel, the phone gets pretty hot...

There are some problems with incoming calls. After a while the phone does not ring anymore, only the display will be switched on. After a reboot, it works again for a while. Did anyone experience this problem in the past?
(07-06-2020, 04:30 AM)Juergen Wrote: There are some problems with incoming calls. After a while the phone does not ring anymore, only the display will be switched on. After a reboot, it works again for a while. Did anyone experience this problem in the past?

I'm distro-hopping a lot so don't really use it for receiving phone calls. Just loaded it up and it seems to receive calls fine at the moment. Maybe related to power-saving if crust/suspend is enabled?
(07-06-2020, 12:01 PM)nas Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 04:30 AM)Juergen Wrote: There are some problems with incoming calls. After a while the phone does not ring anymore, only the display will be switched on. After a reboot, it works again for a while. Did anyone experience this problem in the past?

I'm distro-hopping a lot so don't really use it for receiving phone calls. Just loaded it up and it seems to receive calls fine at the moment. Maybe related to power-saving if crust/suspend is enabled?

Yes, they implemented "deep-sleep" instead of s2idle to save more energy. Now there is this wake-up problem. What I don't understand is that the problem occurs first 1-1,5h after booting. Perhaps one or several developers could have a look at that problem. (webmaster@archivista.ch)
A working deep-sleep would improve every distro and the usability of the phone.
(07-07-2020, 02:19 AM)Juergen Wrote: Yes, they implemented "deep-sleep" instead of s2idle to save more energy. Now there is this wake-up problem. What I don't understand is that the problem occurs first 1-1,5h after booting. Perhaps one or several developers could have a look at that problem. (webmaster@archivista.ch)

I reproduced the problem after a couple hours in standby - inbound call wakes up phone to lockscreen but no ringtone or call. I'd guess the modem manager doesn't come out of suspend properly. I read posts about similar issues with crust but not sure if it was solved on braveheart devices.
(07-07-2020, 11:38 AM)nas Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 02:19 AM)Juergen Wrote: Yes, they implemented "deep-sleep" instead of s2idle to save more energy. Now there is this wake-up problem. What I don't understand is that the problem occurs first 1-1,5h after booting. Perhaps one or several developers could have a look at that problem. (webmaster@archivista.ch)

I reproduced the problem after a couple hours in standby - inbound call wakes up phone to lockscreen but no ringtone or call. I'd guess the modem manager doesn't come out of suspend properly. I read posts about similar issues with crust but not sure if it was solved on braveheart devices.

Just noticed when there is no ringtone for the incoming calls after a standby time 1-1,5h, outgoing calls also don't work.
I can type dial a number but when tapping the headset icon nothing happens, the caller-screen does not open.

Rebooting the device everything works fine (outgoing and incoming calls) for another 1-1,5h.
I tested SXMO and PMOS this week. No ringtone for incoming calls at all.

Ubuntu Touch shows the same behaviour like described for AVMultiphone, no ringtone after a while.

Here an text concerning the same problem:
https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/69
A new version of AVMultiphone is available now:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/archivista/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 32 23,338 03-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 278 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,156 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,934 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,709 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 99,935 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,755 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 814 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,837 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,108 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega