Mobile Data on Cricket not working for some reason
I'm having a hard time getting mobile data to work and I was wondering if anyone else is having that issue with Cricket Wireless or has solved it?

It worked out of the box on Ubuntu Touch, but for the life off me I can't get it working via mobian. I'm using cricket, and I'm using the suggested APN info from the wiki (which is also the same thing that cricket says, so that's good!) 

I *think* I'm doing it right, and I'm not entirely sure how to go about finding more information (logs? error messages stashed somewhere?).

Has anyone seen this? Smile
If it's working on UB, try to find a way to export.
You could also try one of the other distro based on mobian.
You'll have access to the netwotk manager of gnome and have to select your country, provider and so on.
Find the working tune and maybe something gonna work. And we'll find a way to fix.
(07-01-2020, 12:16 PM)stemplet Wrote: I'm having a hard time getting mobile data to work and I was wondering if anyone else is having that issue with Cricket Wireless or has solved it?

It worked out of the box on Ubuntu Touch, but for the life off me I can't get it working via mobian. I'm using cricket, and I'm using the suggested APN info from the wiki (which is also the same thing that cricket says, so that's good!) 

I *think* I'm doing it right, and I'm not entirely sure how to go about finding more information (logs? error messages stashed somewhere?).

After reading this I thought I'd put the sim card in and try, and mobian works with cricket data.
1. Disable wifi (I just did this for testing purposes)
2. Toggle "mobie data" under moblie
3. Add new mobile access point name "cricket" APN "ndo" (no quotes).
After setting the new access point mobile connection was dropped. Restart phone, then go back into mobile settings and under advanced > access point names select the one you created moments ago (cricket).
It's working great for me.
(07-03-2020, 08:12 AM)Ersatz Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 12:16 PM)stemplet Wrote: I'm having a hard time getting mobile data to work and I was wondering if anyone else is having that issue with Cricket Wireless or has solved it?

After reading this I thought I'd put the sim card in and try, and mobian works with cricket data.
After setting the new access point mobile connection was dropped. Restart phone, then go back into mobile settings and under advanced > access point names select the one you created moments ago (cricket).

Interesting, thanks for detailing the fix you found.
(07-03-2020, 08:12 AM)Ersatz Wrote:

Hey, thanks for those steps. Just tried it and it isn't working for me. When I go back in,the ui has the correct apn selected. However, the modem says it is registered, but doesn't know what apn/carrier it is connected to and does not route any traffic. Network is empty (and scanning times out, then crashes). Scanning from the terminal with mmcli works, but takes forever.

Is it possible that it has too aggressive of a timeout?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile internet via cellular network mostly not working Anna 18 9,716 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: anonymous
Exclamation The internal speaker stops working anonymous 6 813 01-17-2024, 05:53 PM
  4G data on default startup / boot dcinoz 1 771 04-29-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: dcinoz
  APN settings not working with new operator SIM card user641 1 962 03-01-2023, 04:43 PM
  Possible Solution for Microphone Not Working Ferriah 0 903 02-13-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Block firefix-esr-mobile-config from (re)installing itself grump_fiddle_reinstall 3 1,452 01-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: dcarvil
Exclamation No modems were found: No mobile data, no 2G anonymous 2 1,269 12-26-2022, 06:46 PM
  very slow processing of MMS received via Ting (T-Mobile) treebeard 6 2,357 12-01-2022, 09:18 AM
Last Post: traut
  Squeekboard stopped working Zebulon Walton 2 1,096 11-24-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  DNS Problems with Mobile Data arno_nuehm 29 16,309 10-29-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: treebeard