SailfishOS status/progress?
(08-04-2020, 05:38 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:36 AM)lispy Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 03:35 PM)cefre00 Wrote: It seems that development pretty much stopped since May. Sad
Yes, but this might be due to the upcoming new 3.04 Release from Jolla. There will be an updated build after the next Sailfish OS upgrade, I hope.

Well I hope, but according to this nothing happened in the last 2 months. Sad
https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porters-ci...e_evil-ci/
It’s a shame too. Sailfish felt the most polished. All it needed was the functionality of something like Mobian and it would’ve been perfect.
A kind soul is donating Pinephones to Sailfish developers. So maybe we'll see some more development done in the coming months
I fear that there is no action there ATM. The port of SFOS recognizes no SIM card, so phone calls and mobile data does not work. Makes the port quite useless ATM.

Look at it as an expiremental port for further development, learning and testing. Not for any kind of real usage now.
(08-16-2020, 02:36 PM)Boern Wrote: A kind soul is donating Pinephones to Sailfish developers. So maybe we'll see some more development done in the coming months
Where did you get this info?
I'll keep my fingers crossed...
(08-26-2020, 05:37 PM)Sombrer0 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 02:36 PM)Boern Wrote: A kind soul is donating Pinephones to Sailfish developers. So maybe we'll see some more development done in the coming months
Where did you get this info?
I'll keep my fingers crossed...

From github: https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevi.../issues/49
Both piggz and Neochapay are wizzards. They´ll likely get SFOS running on PP. Problem will be to get the PP to Russia.
And this will need some time since the PP need to arrive first.
There was a community meeting with sailors from Jolla. No good news at all.

Quote:

<maajussi> No news on pinephone. We have couple of devices in the group, but there is no official commitment to establish a project on them.

So I think our hope for the official port has just died.
What a strange company it is. I really can't understand how is this business managed. They are like digging their own grave.

It's time to get ourselves onto Linux phones and forget about SailfishOS.
Do we need official support? SFOS is running on my Nexus 5 just fine without it. And since i´m able to dual boot on both devices, missing Aliendalvik isn´t that much of a problem
@Veraendert - I don't know really. Probably it depends on personal decisions/choices. But right now there is no choice at all.

I just wonder where is entire SailfishOS going nowadays. With the shutdown of OBS service and more and more devs quitting we might end up with no Sailfish at all.
(08-28-2020, 01:05 AM)as400 Wrote: @Veraendert - I don't know really. Probably it depends on personal decisions/choices. But right now there is no choice at all.

I just wonder where is entire SailfishOS going nowadays. With the shutdown of OBS service and more and more devs quitting we might end up with no Sailfish at all.

No, It was overdue to clear the future of SFOS. And which part can the communicty do and what not. The future of SFOS could never be dependent from "a handful" of private developers. It is very nice to have them but a company like Jolla or OMP could never rely on them.

I am a very satisfied user of SFOS but also own an Pinephone with UB-Touch.

SFOS goes its way and is a well running product for all the needs of their customers. And these are NOT private programmers or some thousands??? of SFOS-X users like me.

Nevertheless I would be very happy to see an well runing and complete port of SFOS on the pinephone. Phosh and plasma mobile are a loooooong way distant for using them for real-world use. SFOS is nearly feature complete and would be a BIG argument for using an Pinephone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using Windows 10 to install SailfishOS Kimberley van Buyten 1 1,223 12-05-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Andidoko
  flash-it.sh script currently unable to create a SailfishOS image acrux 3 3,461 07-23-2021, 01:06 AM
Last Post: OhneZ
  Repo with flashable SailfishOS IMG files as400 24 24,247 11-05-2020, 03:18 AM
Last Post: LinAdmin2
  SailfishOS - open source collaboration meeting 19.03.2020 as400 3 4,737 06-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: patrickjquinn
  SailfishOS - Android App Support as400 15 20,861 05-28-2020, 03:29 AM
Last Post: patrickjquinn