USB current limit
Hi,
is there any way to change the usb current limit?
it is currently set after apt-get upgrade to 0,5 A, which is not enough to charge the phone.
I used the same charging setup yesterday and the current limit was 1,5 A then.
Thanks
After charging the battery using UT, now the current limit in Mobian is 1,5 A.
Let's see tomorrow. : )
It is charging now with a current limit of 1,5A.
I don't understand what happened yesterday.
Maybe it is not a good idea making an upgrade while charging.
Seems to randomly change ?

I have unplugged the charger when it was reading .5A  and when I plugged it back in,  then it was back at  1.5A  ?

Mobian O.S.   recent, but not latest nightly build.

Huh
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(07-02-2020, 02:39 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Seems to randomly change ?

I have unplugged the charger when it was reading .5A  and when I plugged it back in,  then it was back at  1.5A  ?

Mobian O.S.   recent, but not latest nightly build.

Huh

I'm not entirely sure, but I would guess the charging current is being negotiated when the cable is plugged in.
I have noticed in the past, that the phone was charging with 3.0A when I started charging with the battery being pretty low.

If I unplug and plug the cable back in after some initial charging it "only" charges with 1.5A.
However I've never encountered 0.5A except when connected to my desktop machine (in which case 0.5A is to be expected afaik).
Not sure if this belongs here, but I have had a sudden change in charging after I re installed. I was able to charge with those chargers that has USB Type C on both ends of the cable, but after I installed the latest nightly build, when i tried to charge with those types it is not detected as connected. Only when i used chargers that are USB A on one end and USB C into the phone will it charge. My power consumption is erratic, losing charge quite quickly. Is there something i can do?
(07-11-2020, 05:15 PM)HLing Wrote: Not sure if this belongs here, but I have had a sudden change in charging after I re installed.  I was able to charge with those chargers that has USB Type C  on both ends of the cable, but after I installed the latest nightly build, when i tried to charge with those types it is not detected as connected.  Only when i used chargers that are USB A on one end and USB C into the phone will it charge.  My power consumption is erratic, losing charge quite quickly.  Is there something i can do?

I can confirm this - this happened some days ago after an update. Charging with a USB-C/USB-C Charger doesn't work anymore, no problems with a USB-A/USB-C charger. Tested with different chargers of both types. Interesting...
Most likely a new driver for controlling the USB port was added to your distro.
This exposes a hw fault on the phone, that need to be fixed, to make USB-C-C charging
Work correctly. There are details about the needed fixes on the wiki, and some info
About it in the lavest blog post.

Until then, use USB A-C cable, there are plenty of chargers, that can do 3A from a USB A port.
Charging still works fine for me, but I modded my HW, that may be why...

Try running the following command as root (not using sudo, you really need to log in as root) and reboot:
Code:
echo "blacklist anx7688" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
(07-17-2020, 02:24 AM)a-wai Wrote: Charging still works fine for me, but I modded my HW, that may be why...

Try running the following command as root (not using sudo, you really need to log in as root) and reboot:
Code:
echo "blacklist anx7688" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
Thank you, a-wai! you're a genius! It worked!  (and I did not mod my HW. in fact i was also wondering if it was going to be impossible without modding the HW, until I remembered that up until recently I could charge using USB-c to USB-c). 

And this just for my education: When you said that one "really need to log in as root", I did and it worked.  Would it not have worked if I used sudo?  

Thank you again for all the brilliant work on Mobian!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know how to start a terminal at current dir with Nemo? rp3 6 5,076 01-19-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Current Features working under Debian pcdoodle 1 3,395 05-15-2020, 01:02 PM
Last Post: wasgurd