Arch Linux ARM on PinePhone
installed Arch on my pinephone(manjaro phosh-->plasma kdeneon ---> arch)
...all emmc flash using jumpdrive(don't prefer SDcard install to check for performance bottlenecks)
found arch the snappiest however unable to import contacts in addressbook (CVS/vcf files)... could do so in manjaro & mobian
any help(only online sync option available... don't prefer to use google sync / other cloud options)
thanks for any pointers...
regards...
(05-06-2021, 10:35 AM)kat22 Wrote: installed Arch on my pinephone(manjaro phosh-->plasma kdeneon ---> arch)
...all emmc flash using jumpdrive(don't prefer SDcard install to check for performance bottlenecks)
found arch the snappiest however unable to import contacts in addressbook (CVS/vcf files)... could do so in manjaro & mobian
any help(only online sync option available... don't prefer to use google sync / other cloud options)
regards...
I used evolution to import my vcf. I happen to have stuck with it fo email and calendar but that is optional after the import.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
everything works... incl libreoffice and dolphin file manager... incoming call and SMS some times erratic... deep sleep... power management issues... is there any command to wake up cellular modem(reboot invariably works) couldnot find a way to wake up cellular modem in a booted system after it goes to sleep...
by the way arch is the fastest of all the OS I tried on pinephone... now have flashed it to emmc... thanks for the massive effort porting it

(05-06-2021, 04:19 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 10:35 AM)kat22 Wrote: installed Arch on my pinephone(manjaro phosh-->plasma kdeneon ---> arch)
regards...
I used evolution to import my vcf. I happen to have stuck with it fo email and calendar but that is optional after the import.
thanks that worked...
I am trying to get nfs-server running but I cannot seem to find the nfsd module. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Turns out I only needed nfs-utils after all
Hello all, been a while since I posted. Since November, 2020 I have used the Arch Pinephone as a daily driver. I reboot every 2 days, I have a lot of little bash scripts Smile, I pacman Syu once or twice a week.

Within the past month the modem goes flaky every once in awhile. It drops connection and will not reconnect properly, a reboot is required. Power consumption is all over the map.

Phosh and Plasma are the biggest software issues. More more stuff that actually works, fewer features please

I cannot get QR codes to work 100%. Megapixels recognizes the code, asks me what to do, but Firefox sometimes has issues Smile

MMS is a hassle but everything else just works. I do need to find a decent image viewer.

If the phone had a little more horsepower it could be my only computer,
So much fun,
YMMV
LF
(05-09-2021, 12:06 AM)kat22 Wrote: everything works... incl libreoffice and dolphin file manager... incoming call and SMS some times erratic... deep sleep... power management issues... is there any command to wake up cellular modem(reboot invariably works) couldnot find a way to wake up cellular modem in a booted system after it goes to sleep...
by the way arch is the fastest of all the OS I tried on pinephone... now have flashed it to emmc... thanks for the massive effort porting it

(05-06-2021, 04:19 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
regards...
thanks that worked...
This is giving me some hope -Manjaro is nice, but not light or fast. THough this could be a phosh or plasma issue.
I have already started developing the Frame Buffer GUI on Arch Barebone, too much work to be done but it will be fast and energy efficient.

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=14501
(07-12-2021, 10:53 AM)Lousy Fisherman Wrote: I do need to find a decent image viewer.

My favorite image viewers are Maui Pix and Image Roll, maybe try them.
I have the recent arm Arch release on sd card on one of my Pine phones,  when I went to use it today the sms text was working, but voice calls were not.

I checked for updates and there was a long list of updates,  but when I attempted to 'update' .... it threw a long list of errors.

.....  SO  I downloaded and installed the  'Gnome pkg updater'  and then ran it for updates,  that listed 27 updates, which I went ahead with.

NOW calls are working okay.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 558 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,043 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 637 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,793 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,759 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 834 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 797 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,052 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Latest version Arch Plasma looks good. Chief 5 2,306 10-23-2022, 01:53 PM
  Evolution no longer runs on Arch Phosh. Chief 2 1,304 10-17-2022, 07:22 AM