Arch Linux ARM on PinePhone
(08-31-2020, 03:20 PM)jonathon Wrote: Given the work being done here, why isn't Arch Linux ARM listed as a partner project on the main website?

What collaboration is being done with ALARM generally? I can't see any mentions of the PinePhone on the ALARM forum at all... :/

It's unofficial work and unaffiliated with the official Arch Linux ARM project.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
Sight bug, I notice if you turn wifi off you cannot turn it back on using the GUI. If anybody has a way, let me know.

(09-02-2020, 08:49 PM)Potts Wrote: Sight bug, I notice if you turn wifi off you cannot turn it back on using the GUI. If anybody has a way, let me know.

Another minor bug is that the "x" (delete) key on the terminal creates a "=" character. using break is a temporary work around.
Just installed it into my new postmarketos CE. Easily the best experience yet, especially the Geary email client.
The only issue I have noticed so far is that gnome-software-mobile reports No application Data Found. I reinstalled the package with pacman and still the same issue.

I am able to turn wifi on and off repeatedly through the GUI. Calls and texts work (Freedom/Shaw Cable in Canada)

Thank you Danct12.

LF
Use it as daily driver since more than one month.

Works not bad.

Keep up the good work !
I've been playing around with Arch on my pmOS CE Pinephone for the last few days and I really like it.  Right now it's just flashed to an SD card.  I'm gonna try it as a daily driver to see how it shakes out.

I've noticed a few minor things, but I'm a total noob to Linux to maybe it's just me....

1.  When a headset is plugged in and I test the audio from settings, the LH & RH outputs are reversed.  This is something that was also reported in pmOS.  https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=11294

2.  Notifications seem a bit dodgy.  If I get a text, it doesn't wake the phone.  Not sure if it's normal for phosh, but there's no text indication on the lockscreen.

3.  In Software, nothing shows up in the Installed section.  As far as I can tell, all the prepackaged software works, though.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this stuff.  And last but not least, great work with this.  Arch seems the most polished of the few OS's I flashed so far.   Smile
Arch Linux ARM (20200913):
  • First image release for the PineTab Early Adopter devices!
  • Audio support for PineTab
  • Fixed camera on PineTab
  • Calls now inhibit suspend (no more unintended suspend while talking!)
  • Callback button has been added, now missed calls can be called through notifications.
  • Fixed Wi-Fi hotspot
  • Haptic feedback for keyboard

https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...g/20200913
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
Hi,

got my PinePhone yesterday, and I'm pretty happy with your archlinux arm image!
I have a newbie question: Do I have to reflash every release or is it sufficient to just pacman -Syu?

Keep up the good work!
(09-18-2020, 02:05 AM)AntiK Wrote: Hi,

I have a newbie question: Do I have to reflash every release or is it sufficient to just pacman -Syu?

Keep up the good work!

Error on pacman -Syu:

Could not transfer "core.db" from mirror.archlinuxarm.org   transfer closed......

And also the Software app is empty and could not get any information
(09-18-2020, 02:51 AM)firefox-58 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 02:05 AM)AntiK Wrote: Hi,

Keep up the good work!

Error on pacman -Syu:

Could not transfer "core.db" from mirror.archlinuxarm.org   transfer closed......

And also the Software app is empty and could not get any information

Check your internet connection, otherwise you can delete /var/lib/pacman/db.lck.

gnome-software app checks for updates everytime it is started which messed up pacman.

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
(09-03-2020, 11:33 AM)Lousy Fisherman Wrote: I am able to turn wifi on and off repeatedly through the GUI. Calls and texts work (Freedom/Shaw Cable in Canada)
are you able to get mobile data working? I haven't been able to get mobile data working in Phosh in Manjaro at all. even manually entering the APN from the Shaw Mobile FAQ site.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 561 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,051 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 638 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,796 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,763 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 838 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 798 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,062 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Latest version Arch Plasma looks good. Chief 5 2,310 10-23-2022, 01:53 PM
  Evolution no longer runs on Arch Phosh. Chief 2 1,310 10-17-2022, 07:22 AM