Arch Linux ARM on PinePhone
(11-04-2020, 07:08 PM)Danct12 Wrote: As for sounds, you need to do pacman -Syuu to downgrade the PA package (if the repository was added before [core] order), the latest PA has issues on the PinePhone. On new images this is not needed.

As for the phone not waking up, this seems to only happen on Braveheart (also happens on newer if modem killswitch is off) and caused by USB driver hanging during suspend. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of us in Pine64 dev channel have talked about this and still hasn't come with a fix yet.

The phone only charges up to 88%, all of this started when megi implemented some battery safety feature to 5.9 kernel, I think there is a workaround for that in sysfs, but I'm definitely not going to turn that off or revert the changes.

Other than that, I'll look into other issues and I'm sorry for unsatisfied experience.
Thank you danct12. Which is the PA package? lol, I will figure it out.

My phone is a PMOS 3GB model. I can confirm the not waking up problem is related to USB state somehow. As mentioned in my earlier post as soon as USB state changes the phone goes flaky. I do not use the kill switches so that's not it.

Re charging, not a problem, now that I know, that is fine. As I say power management is vastly improved.

No apologies required. I cannot describe how grateful I am for the work you and other people are doing on this. My observations are NOT complaints! They are my feeble attempts to contribute Smile

Thank you once again
LF
Thought I posted this yesterday but .....

"pacman -Syuu pulseaudio" : re-installs pulseaudio-13.99.3 the problem version
"pacman -Syuu" guarantees the refusing to wake up after sleep problem occurs and is 100% reproducible
"pacman -Syu" returns the phone to it's original state, no outgoing sound.

I have attempted to find an ARM version of pulseaudio-13.99.2 for a manual install but I only found x86 versions.

At this point I think I will just wait for an upstream fix, unless anyone knows a repo with the obsolete packages

TIA
LF
I got my pinephone Manjaro convergence phone today (3Gb) and it had trouble with random freezing that made it unusable. I decided to flash Arch on it from this image and the same problems were present, until I flashed the slower u-boot using

dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl-pinephone-492.bin of=/dev/sdcard bs=1024 seek=8

Seems to work correctly now although it automatically switched to German right after the flash. The 552 and the 624 had the same problems described above
Ran pacman -Syu today.

Still no sound.

USB dock has become extremely flaky. Peripherals disappear, phone reboots regularly.

At this point I think I will start a new image and hope it a good as the late October image.

Is there a known "best" image newer than that one?

Edit: October 24 image restores sound. Thank you. Original image was from September 3rd.
Updated twice a week at least, worked until October 24 update. Pretty good for a beta.

Thank you

LF
Arch Linux ARM (20201112):
  • Upgrade kernel to 5.9.3-1
  • Upgrade wys to 0.1.9
  • Upgrade modemmanager to 1.14.6
  • Upgrade phoc to 0.4.4
  • Upgrade phosh to 0.5.1
  • Upgrade chatty to 0.1.17
  • Upgrade calls to 0.1.9
  • Added torch support on quick settings
  • Bootsplash is now hidden when updating
  • Added LCD refresh rate patches
  • Mozilla Firefox is now the default browser (again)
  • DRAM speed has changed back to 552 for stability reasons.

Download: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...g/20201112
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
@Danct12 I tried new image yesterday. I get frequent Phosh restarts and cellular signal is very unstable. It disappears often.

Manjaro CE Edition with newest modem firmware.
(11-13-2020, 03:33 AM)as400 Wrote: @Danct12 I tried new image yesterday. I get frequent Phosh restarts and cellular signal is very unstable. It disappears often.

Manjaro CE Edition with newest modem firmware.

Please answer the following:

- Where did you install the OS to?
- Where/When does it crash?
- Post "journalctl -b" output to paste.ubuntu.com and link it here.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
1. eMMC.
2. Random occasions when using Phosh.
3. I will post. I will have to dd to sdcard and fire it up.

EDIT:

The paste --> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/YGcvxT7YsK/
On my QA SD Card
Started with the good October 24 image, pacman -Syu was run on November 9, resulting in no sound
pacman -Syu is reporting "there is nothing to do" this morning (November 13)

I do have the "pure" Oct 24 image on my eMMC. I usually do not update it until the QA card shows better functionality.

HTH
TIA
LF
Flashed the November 12 build to the QA card. Yes!!!!, sound again, this time with the latest pulseaudio. Thank you.

The wakeup from deep sleep works, 100% of the time the screen lights up. Whether gnome-calls will wake up to allow me to answer the call seems to be a 50% chance. This is identical to the Nov 10 Mobian apt-get upgrade image. I have cellular data as long as the modem does not or has not gone to sleep. As soon as the modem sleeps, there is no mobile data. A reboot restores mobile data. At least once I have been able to restore mobile data using mmcli on the command line. This is better than the Mobian image as I cannot get cellular data on that at all.

Sleep/suspend is flaky. Both when powered and when on battery. Power consumption is reasonable. Relatively few problems when changing USB state, They still occur but not as much. This is possibly due to me learning how to change states "gently"

I have managed to build Kalliope Voice Assistant on Arch Aarch64. More details will follow.

We are so close, as I said on the Mobian thread, notifications and screen display catch a signal but gnome-calls doesn't?

Thanks to all for their efforts
LF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 824 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,250 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 785 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,945 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,865 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 908 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 849 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,142 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Latest version Arch Plasma looks good. Chief 5 2,433 10-23-2022, 01:53 PM
  Evolution no longer runs on Arch Phosh. Chief 2 1,404 10-17-2022, 07:22 AM