Arch Linux ARM on PinePhone
(09-24-2020, 05:01 PM)hiimtye Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 11:33 AM)Lousy Fisherman Wrote: I am able to turn wifi on and off repeatedly through the GUI. Calls and texts work (Freedom/Shaw Cable in Canada)
are you able to get mobile data working? I haven't been able to get mobile data working in Phosh in Manjaro at all. even manually entering the APN from the Shaw Mobile FAQ site.
I am able to get mobile data sometimes Sad on phosh|PMOS, and phosh|Arch, my current OS. The data allowed setting in Settings->Mobile does not stick. Similar to the bluetooth off setting. Reboot the phone with wifi turned off, check Airplane mode is off, check the data allowed setting in Mobile, then try a web browser. The Geary mail client seems to have more trouble with mobile data than other apps, weird.

I find the biggest problems have to do with the Settings application in all OS's including Mobian. Airplane mode turns on when changing wifi or bluetooth status, and many settings are not conserved when rebooting. I don't know which part of the software stack deals with this so I really don't know where to report it.

HTH
Dave
I discovered that it is indeed a toggle issue. disabling wifi disabled cell data. if you turn off wifi, then turn on and off airplane mode, data works. bluetooth is enabled, as a side effect.

I'm trying out pmOS/sxmo right now because it looks like everything I want, I only wish there were an Arch derivative with it as an option instead of just pmOS
Can't claim to know anything about Arch but with that challenge of "What doesn't work? You tell me." I had to grab it, flash it and poke at it.

Looks good, stuff does seem to work.  But power management is still, like everyone else it seems, a weakness.  Even with the hardware kill switches for all of the radios thrown the power drain was still about 192mA with the phone suspended with the power button.

Used a sleep 60 and a cat of the power drain in /sys/class/power_supply/axp20x-battery/current_now to get that figure.  Ya got PostmarketOS beat, they don't even fully turn off the display when it sleeps, the touchscreen stays awake and touching it wakes up the phone.  Still aren't at "carry it through a work day" usability though because you really need the cell phone part enabled.
Now, autofocus is working in Arch!
And front camera is working better too.
Just completed my second update successfully, very happy. This distro is the most reliable and stable I have found, Mobian is a close second but both have the same hardware/software/settings interface problems discussed above.

A related issue is that mobile roaming does not work.

I changed out pinhole for Megapixels, it will flip from the rear camera to the facing camera but freezes when attempting to flip back.
Geary is flaky about going online when using cellular data.
Online Accounts not providing a CALDAV server interface is another irritation, but we can blame Gnome for that, lol

Thank you for your efforts Danct12. 

LF
Just use evolution for caldav/carddav
Is it possible to add Lomiri to the Barebones version of this iso?
(10-06-2020, 11:19 PM)Veraendert Wrote: Just use evolution for caldav/carddav
As a proof of concept OK, but it is not an acceptable solution for long term/production
distributed access. https://gist.github.com/apollo13/f4fc8f3...1b056c53ba looks
far more appropriate.

YMMV
LF
Anyway, i think it´s really cool to have Arch Linux on my phone.
And evolution works ok for me even for everyday use.
Arch Linux ARM (20201015):
  • Linux Kernel 5.9.0
  • Use Megi's modem driver for rfkill and stability.
  • GTK3 upgraded to 3.24.23
  • Megapixels upgraded to 0.11.1
  • phoc upgraded to 0.4.3
  • phosh upgraded to 0.4.5
  • HDMI works on PineTab now (not stable yet)

Download: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...g/20201015

It is recommended to upgrade after flashing this image to fix Bleeding Tooth security vulnerability. This patch was not included as it was discovered after the image were shipped.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 558 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,042 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 637 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,793 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,759 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 834 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 797 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,052 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Latest version Arch Plasma looks good. Chief 5 2,306 10-23-2022, 01:53 PM
  Evolution no longer runs on Arch Phosh. Chief 2 1,303 10-17-2022, 07:22 AM