Flashlight application
Hi there!

I know we don't have a working camera yet, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to use the flash LED, right?
So I've hacked a small app to do just that: turn the flashlight on and off.

You can install it with:
Code:
sudo apt install flashlight
(requires a reboot)

Source code is there (yes, it's a hack, like I just said)

Note: you need an up-to-date kernel, so please make sure you have installed the latest upgrades first
Love this! I'm currently running bleeding edge (i.e the nightly from yesterday+ the latest kernel.) and this doesn't seem to work. But still very cool Smile
(06-30-2020, 02:42 AM)a-wai Wrote: Hi there!

I know we don't have a working camera yet, but there's no reason we shouldn't be able to use the flash LED, right?

You can install it with:
Code:
(requires a reboot)

Note: you need an up-to-date kernel, so please make sure you have installed the latest upgrades first

hi a-wai

I just installed it and it works.
(06-30-2020, 05:12 AM)chris_02 Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 02:42 AM)a-wai Wrote: Hi there!

You can install it with:
Code:
(requires a reboot)

hi a-wai

I just installed it and it works.

Just installed it too , works Smile

One of the nicest features on my Moto G6 , is the ability to turn on/off the flashlight by "shaking" the phone from side to side.
That would be so cool , if the PP could do the same.

Thank you for all your hard work to all dev's.

/Bingo
upgraded to the latest nightly u-boot packages and it has fixed it for me, now works perfectly Smile
Just installed and it does as it says thanks ;-)
Works great, thanks!
Thanks a-wai - that's great! It's a small thing, but something I use fairly frequently on my Android phone, so I appreciate you adding it to Mobian.
(06-30-2020, 05:06 AM)patrickjquinn Wrote: Love this! I'm currently running bleeding edge (i.e the nightly from yesterday+ the latest kernel.) and this doesn't seem to work. But still very cool Smile

I had the same problem. The key was to make sure you have the latest software installed.
Even after having just performed an "apt dist-upgrade"; After double checking it turned out that the mobian-base, mobian-phosh-base, mobian-phosh-games, and mobian-phosh-phone packages where held back. Running
Code:
apt dist-upgrade mobian-base mobian-phosh-base mobian-phosh-games mobian-phosh-phone
Sorted that and the flashlight app was then working.
Will this flashlight app soon be in the nightly build,    or in a soon to be release ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Flashlight/Torch Barugon 6 4,556 10-18-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  How Do I Perform a Chatty Application Reinstall? rrholmes 2 2,312 07-13-2021, 01:11 AM
Last Post: rrholmes
Sad Problems with Twinkle SIP Application, strerror_r is not available phone123 0 1,498 07-04-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: phone123
  Application "Software" crashes when i tap on any category User 20385 0 1,657 11-20-2020, 03:59 AM
Last Post: User 20385
Wink Rockbox as an Application on Pinephone c3l@ 2 3,215 10-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Last Post: visiblink