Panfrost Changelog
@xyzzy - thx. Will check that out.

TBH - now I'm building the kernel from pristine clean mainline source and I apply just one patch - overclock.

Out of curiosity - how big is the kernel with your defconfig ?

EDIT  - I wonder why these panfrost devfreq patches are not included in the mainline yet. Any idea ?

Did you try 5.10-rc ?

EDIT 2 - I confirm these patches work as expected. Running 5.9.12 with them applied.
(12-03-2020, 12:46 AM)as400 Wrote: Out of curiosity - how big is the kernel with your defconfig ?
I've not updated past 5.9.10 yet.  The stock Manjaro ARM 5.9.10 is a 68.87 MB package while the pruned config is 35.52 MB.  I've included just about every driver one could possibly use.

Loaded kernel plus modules is 27.6 MB in RAM, compared to stock at 31.3 MB.

But the real advantage is it compiles in half the time.
@xyzzy try 5.10-rc. For me it doesn't even boot properly. Just stops at "Starting kernel".
(12-04-2020, 01:21 AM)as400 Wrote: @xyzzy try 5.10-rc. For me it doesn't even boot properly. Just stops at "Starting kernel".
I don't see a Manjaro ARM kernel out for 5.10 yet.  Latest is 5.9.12.  There are a ton of patches in Manjaro ARM.  Most for other systems, but some are relevant to the PBP.  There's probably some that are critical.

So if you are running plain 5.10, then I'm that surprised if it doesn't work.  Might try porting all the Manjaro patches to 5.10.
Nah, I don't want those patches. There is actually nothing important there. Everything what I need works for me in vanilla kernels. Including BT.

I suspect 5.10 not booting has something in common with panfrost again.

If you want you'll find Manjaro rc kernels in their Testing or Unstable repo - I don't remember. But they compile panfrost and all the display stuff as modules.

Repo --> https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/p...e/linux-rc
(12-04-2020, 03:05 AM)as400 Wrote: Nah, I don't want those patches. There is actually nothing important there. Everything what I need works for me in vanilla kernels. Including BT.

I suspect 5.10 not booting has something in common with panfrost again.

If you want you'll find Manjaro rc kernels in their Testing or Unstable repo - I don't remember. But they compile panfrost and all the display stuff as modules.

Repo --> https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/p...e/linux-rc
Now that I look through the patches, you're right, there aren't really any that look that important to the PBP.

"Add PBP support" appears to be almost entirely about suspend support.  Which doesn't work.  Looks like there is some usb type c support that is added too.  "drm/panfrost: Support cache-coherent integrations" should be a good performance increase but not necessary.

Is there anything new in 5.10-rc that's not in 5.9.12?
I'm did not went too carefully thru the code tbh. But there are some changes to panfrost in 5.10-rc - that's for sure.

I always try new kernels as I like to stay on the edge Smile
New mesa release screws up reading video files, I just got straight crashes of my video players with it, reverting to non git mesa solved the issue, I'll try to log the issue when I have more time...
(12-11-2020, 08:31 AM)Idaho Wrote: New mesa release screws up reading video files, I just got straight crashes of my video players with it, reverting to non git mesa solved the issue, I'll try to log the issue when I have more time...

This was already fixed upstream a week ago, so it should be fixed with the next mesa-git update.
(12-13-2020, 02:49 AM)icecream95 Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 08:31 AM)Idaho Wrote: New mesa release screws up reading video files, I just got straight crashes of my video players with it, reverting to non git mesa solved the issue, I'll try to log the issue when I have more time...

This was already fixed upstream a week ago, so it should be fixed with the next mesa-git update.

Thanks for the support, you're doing good for us...

On another note I think I read somewhere that full OpenGL support could come to PBPro at some point, am I right to be think that and if I am could you give some update about it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arm officially supports panfrost bastafari 1 2,576 09-18-2020, 09:19 AM
Last Post: bastafari