Panfrost Changelog
[quote pid='77421' dateline='1599817665']
Next week at XDC there is going to be some news about Panfrost,
but I'm not allowed to tell you what it is...
[/quote]

...the cruelty... Smile

Looking forward to hearing what this might be!
(09-11-2020, 02:27 PM)gabeeg Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 03:47 AM)icecream95 Wrote: Next week at XDC there is going to be some news about Panfrost,
but I'm not allowed to tell you what it is...

...the cruelty... Smile

Looking forward to hearing what this might be!

There hasn't been any official announcement yet, but Phoronix picked up on it so I guess it's public now:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=...
I've seen this. Great news !!!

So does it mean that you guys now have access to all the bits and pieces and don't have to reverse things ?
(09-17-2020, 02:00 AM)as400 Wrote: I've seen this. Great news !!!

So does it mean that you guys now have access to all the bits and pieces and don't have to reverse things ?

All the bits - yes, and the updated names and descriptions for the bits will likely be sent upstream in a few days.

All the pieces - not quite, for example they are still keeping the framebuffer compression algorithm secret, though it's not like it took me more than last weekend to reverse engineer that. Tongue
@icecream95 - you guys are incredible Smile

So what exactly in panfrost is going to benefit from this cooperation as a first thing ?
(09-17-2020, 04:33 AM)as400 Wrote: @icecream95 - you guys are incredible Smile

So what exactly in panfrost is going to benefit from this cooperation as a first thing ?

So far, some Bifrost compiler stuff has already been merged, though that doesn't impact any Pine64 devices.

It turns out there are some hardware features we didn't know existed so had to emulate them, so performance will be improved for some applications, especially those that use fixed function OpenGL features that were impossible to test with the blob driver.

Currently, the most incomplete parts of the driver are in framebuffer descriptors and the draw flags that control fixed-function behaviour before and after shader execution. Knowing all the parts of framebuffer descriptors will allow using more formats and enabling some optimisations, while knowing the draw flags will help with implementing a lot of extensions.
Can't wait for this to come.
i saw the phoronix article and thought of you. Smile great news. excited for the improvements to come.

are there target opengl/es levels to reach? does this open the door for vulkan or opencl?
(09-11-2020, 03:47 AM)icecream95 Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 08:18 AM)Idaho Wrote: Hey, I switched to mesa-git a while ago and I'm using retroarch on manjaro since the last 2 updates I get lots of flickering in the menus especially when I go to the library section where I'm supposed to see the games and their covert art, in the rest of the menus it's okay, I did not have that before, do you have any idea why this is happening and if I can fix it on my end or if you guys intend to do something about it?

Can you trace it with apitrace, and upload the trace file?

After installing apitrace (it should be in the Manjaro repos), you can just do:

$ apitrace trace -a egl retroarch

and then reproduce the problem.

Check it replays with

$ apitrace replay retroarch.trace

(If that doesn't work, you might need to remove the file and try again without "-a egl")

Compress the file with xz / zstd / whatever then stick it somewhere I can download it.

There you are, hope this will help : retroarch.trace.zip Smile
@icecream95 - I was going to ask the same as @xmixahlx - how far/possible Vulkan driver is ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arm officially supports panfrost bastafari 1 2,576 09-18-2020, 09:19 AM
Last Post: bastafari