Mobile Reception
Hi,

Now I've been playing with my phone for a few days my one gripe is that the mobile/phone signal reception is not good, I guess the antenna isn't the best. While the signal isn't brilliant here I've always managed to get a connection.

Is there a port for adding an external antenna - can't immediately see one? Or has anyone tried adding an antenna?

- T
You might check the frequencies used by your carrier vs the ones the PinePhone supports. You may be having to rely on secondary bands from your carrier that are not widespread. Reception with T-Mobile for me has been excellent.
(06-27-2020, 03:46 AM)Subsentient Wrote: You might check the frequencies used by your carrier vs the ones the PinePhone supports. You may be having to rely on secondary bands from your carrier that are not widespread. Reception with T-Mobile for me has been excellent.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

I'm with Giff Gaff in the UK, so using the O2 frequencies , which appears to be covered according to the wiki page.

I've changed the System Settings -> Mobile -> Connection Type -> 2G Only to 2G/3G/4G.

The reception seems a little better if I'm nearer to the mobile mast and the phone manages to get a 4G connection but away from a 4G signal the reception is no better.

I have an old nokia phone that cost £10, with £10 of pay as you go credit, I bought a few years ago - It has no problem with the signal, even an iphone 2 works well enough to receive calls.
Does mobile data work all right with Giff Gaff?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 53,730 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  Quectel T-Mobile Certification and MMS manuals mouffa 2 2,823 08-08-2021, 04:28 AM
Last Post: mouffa