You do not have permission to access this page
I just signed up and posted a message on a different board.

I was requested by a user to send him a PM, but clicking on the profile results in a "You do not have permission to access this page" message

I also have 1 private message waiting, but clicking on my own private messages link also results in "You do not have permission to access this page"

How do I fix this?

Thanks
(06-23-2020, 12:15 PM)impactice Wrote: I just signed up and posted a message on a different board.

I was requested by a user to send him a PM, but clicking on the profile results in a "You do not have permission to access this page" message

I also have 1 private message waiting, but clicking on my own private messages link also results in "You do not have permission to access this page"

How do I fix this?

Thanks

IIRC there's a limit on being able to send PMs for new users until they hit a post count of ~10 (I think.) It's intended to prevent spammer blowing people's inboxes up. If the subject matter you needed to PM that user about is time sensitive, you might try asking them if they can confer with you in the chat/IRC.
(06-23-2020, 12:29 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 12:15 PM)impactice Wrote: I just signed up and posted a message on a different board.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

IIRC there's a limit on being able to send PMs for new users until they hit a post count of ~10 (I think.) It's intended to prevent spammer blowing people's inboxes up. If the subject matter you needed to PM that user about is time sensitive, you might try asking them if they can confer with you in the chat/IRC.

Thanks, I appreciate this anti spam method. But I see that I have a PM waiting and I can't even view it, which is a weird restriction.

Also, besides posting a public message in a heavily viewed thread, It is very difficult to schedule IRC time with someone.
(06-23-2020, 12:38 PM)impactice Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate this anti spam method. But I see that I have a PM waiting and I can't even view it, which is a weird restriction.

Also, besides posting a public message in a heavily viewed thread, It is very difficult to schedule IRC time with someone.

I understand entirely. It's usually a fringe case (like this one) where it causes a problem. Though, you may get lucky and a few back-and-forths in this thread may unlock your PMs.
Thumbs Up 
(06-23-2020, 12:49 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 12:38 PM)impactice Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate this anti spam method. But I see that I have a PM waiting and I can't even view it, which is a weird restriction.

I understand entirely. It's usually a fringe case (like this one) where it causes a problem. Though, you may get lucky and a few back-and-forths in this thread may unlock your PMs.
@tophneal  Thanks for your help. PMs were just opened for me and I can follow up with the issue I originally had.
I have similar problem. I've just registered and now want change my username - the first text next to the image on the account summary page.
unfortunately it does not work: You do not have permission to access this page

the same page occurs if i click on 'view profile' in the Miscellaneous section.

i've tried to relogin but it did not help. what might be wrong? thanks
(08-19-2020, 04:13 PM)amoravek@gmail.com Wrote: I have similar problem. I've just registered and now want change my username - the first text next to the image on the account summary page.
unfortunately it does not work: You do not have permission to access this page

the same page occurs if i click on 'view profile' in the Miscellaneous section.

i've tried to relogin but it did not help. what might be wrong? thanks

As per the OP, you won't have access until after more forum interaction. Several User CP features are locked until after so many posts have been made by the user.
i also have this problem. i guess I will just have to make a few more posts to be able to read the private message someone sent me :|

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant access pine64 subsites on android butchi91 1 2,536 05-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Danct12