RX, TX, GND on motherboard silkscreen
Are these connected to an unused UART that can be enabled in devicetree? Or something else?
You can check the schematics on the Wiki;

Wiki - Pinebook Pro - Pinebook Pro Schematics and Certifications

I glanced at the main board's schematic but could not see it. Probably have to compare the board layout with the schematic to figure it out. The board layout does not seem to be on the Wiki.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(06-22-2020, 10:39 AM)Arwen Wrote: You can check the schematics on the Wiki;

Wiki - Pinebook Pro - Pinebook Pro Schematics and Certifications

I glanced at the main board's schematic but could not see it. Probably have to compare the board layout with the schematic to figure it out. The board layout does not seem to be on the Wiki.

Unfortunately the link is dead: http://files.pine64.org/doc/PinebookPro/...ematic.pdf
You have a misspelling, it's lower case "pinebookpro";

http://files.pine64.org/doc/pinebookpro/...ematic.pdf

The link in the Wiki is correct.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(06-22-2020, 05:48 PM)Arwen Wrote: You have a misspelling, it's lower case "pinebookpro";

http://files.pine64.org/doc/pinebookpro/...ematic.pdf

The link in the Wiki is correct.

Thanks for fixing it, that helps. So TX and RX are connected to uart2c on the schematic, but the schematic doesn't seem to reference the headphone switch mechanism at all, which makes me suspect that these are the original debug headers and possibly still connected to the serial depending on (possibly) the headphone switch position.

[Image: lteT2Gi.png]

[Image: 9nlDygU.png]
I will experiment more and see if I can get this working, might be nice to have something like a GNSS or MCU attached inside the case here.
Glad to see your work. Keep us updated.

If you get something verified, (especially the software to use it), update the Wiki. Or post it here and someone will put it on the Wiki.

One of the things I'd like to see in the next board revision, is bringing out all un-used ports to the edge of the board. For example, there is an internal 4 port USB 2.0 hub, but only 2 of the ports are used. So I'd like the other 2 brought to the edge of the board, and have either solder pads or un-populated connector pads. That would make internal modifications much easier.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(06-23-2020, 07:26 AM)Arwen Wrote: Glad to see your work. Keep us updated.

If you get something verified, (especially the software to use it), update the Wiki. Or post it here and someone will put it on the Wiki.

One of the things I'd like to see in the next board revision, is bringing out all un-used ports to the edge of the board. For example, there is an internal 4 port USB 2.0 hub, but only 2 of the ports are used. So I'd like the other 2 brought to the edge of the board, and have either solder pads or un-populated connector pads. That would make internal modifications much easier.

The motherboard TX and RX pins are connected to the same UART (ttyS2) as the headphone jack. They are definitely active when the jack is in the headphone-uart disable position, didn't check to see if they are active when in headphone-uart mode yet.
This is very good news to me. I'd like to add a permanent serial port connection that isn't shared with the headphone jack.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motherboard layout information Perl6_user 2 1,645 07-02-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Perl6_user