issues with keyboard/trackpad in Manjaro, can't test other OSs
(06-20-2020, 11:02 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: I'm encountering the same issue on my pinebook. It seems to be a hardware error with either the LCD panel or the DisplayPort transceiver. I've contacted support about it, but in the meantime I've found a workaround that allows the system to be usable: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...9#pid69349.
Decided to give this a try... I'm totally new to manjaro/arch so it took me a while to figure out how to pull down the kernel package and recompile it (i'm sure i'm still not doing it the 'right' way, just ran makepkg with --nobuild, commented out the section from your patch, then ran makepkg with --noextract).

That was a couple hours ago.  It's been years since I've tried to compile the linux kernel, forgot how long it takes, especially when your single-core performance isn't that impressive.  Though I have to say, I'm pretty impressed that it's not affecting overall system performance (i'm writing this while it's compiling in the background).  I'll update when I'm able to test the newly compiled kernel.

This problem is so weird.... I'm noticing that while I have this window (Chromium) active, the problem does not show up for the trackpad, though there's still a delay from the keyboard.  When I click to a different window, it comes back.  That's not consistent, though, since I normally have the problem *constantly* when I'm using a browser (chromium or FF), as that's where I primarily use a pointer.  Smile

(06-20-2020, 03:42 PM)joshw Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 11:02 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: I'm encountering the same issue on my pinebook. It seems to be a hardware error with either the LCD panel or the DisplayPort transceiver. I've contacted support about it, but in the meantime I've found a workaround that allows the system to be usable: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...9#pid69349.
Decided to give this a try... I'm totally new to manjaro/arch so it took me a while to figure out how to pull down the kernel package and recompile it (i'm sure i'm still not doing it the 'right' way, just ran makepkg with --nobuild, commented out the section from your patch, then ran makepkg with --noextract).

That was a couple hours ago.  It's been years since I've tried to compile the linux kernel, forgot how long it takes, especially when your single-core performance isn't that impressive.  Though I have to say, I'm pretty impressed that it's not affecting overall system performance (i'm writing this while it's compiling in the background).  I'll update when I'm able to test the newly compiled kernel.

This problem is so weird.... I'm noticing that while I have this window (Chromium) active, the problem does not show up for the trackpad, though there's still a delay from the keyboard.  When I click to a different window, it comes back.  That's not consistent, though, since I normally have the problem *constantly* when I'm using a browser (chromium or FF), as that's where I primarily use a pointer.  Smile

Clarification - as soon as I posted the message, the problem came right back in Chromium.  Now that I'm composing a message again, it's gone (for the trackpad).  Very strange, though it might make sense to someone who has more knowledge re: linux GUI/display stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: issues with keyboard/trackpad in Manjaro, can't test other OSs - by joshw - 06-20-2020, 03:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro versions bad and good gilwood 0 242 02-12-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: gilwood
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,197 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM soupgirl 3 674 12-13-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Issues with T-Mobile Home Internet? skinnyonthebebop 3 1,078 10-17-2023, 07:42 AM
Last Post: skinnyonthebebop
  Dead Pinebook Pro Keyboard Keys calinb 2 1,045 09-02-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: calinb
  power on Pinebook Pro mainboard without keyboard? papable 0 835 07-20-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: papable
  Games compilation howto on the Pinebook-pro (Manjaro Linux and Debian native) astr0baby 201 318,203 05-12-2023, 06:09 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  Manjaro Plasma blinking cursor jcun4128 4 1,460 05-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  PBP blank screen after updating Manjaro Franko 6 2,004 04-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: hacknix
  Manjaro - which libdrm? hacknix 0 566 04-01-2023, 03:21 AM
Last Post: hacknix