Dev 53 - Huge improvement - Thank you
@gevrik

How do you install ie. Dev 52 on an SD card ??
I see 2 files : bmap & xz

I suppose we xtraxt the xz and either dd or "etcher" the image , but the bmap is that just used for eMMC , what to do with that one ?
(06-18-2020, 01:40 PM)bingo600 Wrote: Something is "fishy" in the numbering on OTA vs WEB

The numbering of the dev channel and the nightly images are not the same. They are two separate builds, but for now their numbers are close, and this makes it confusing.

The number of the stable channel just reached #3...
Developer version 51, 52 and 53 happened pretty close in time. It would have been easy to have jumped one without noticing the change.
(06-18-2020, 02:29 PM)bingo600 Wrote: @gevrik

I suppose we xtraxt the xz and either dd or "etcher" the image , but the bmap is that just used for eMMC , what to do with that one ?

I ignore the bmap file. With Nautilus on Gnome you can right-click the xz file and use Disk Image Writer to write that directly to the card. DD and Etcher should work well, too.

Once you're up and running with the image go to Settings > Updates and in "channel" choose "Development". But with #52 you do not even need to do that, the "stable" release has all the good stuff running by default.
Meh... 53 is old news... I'm on 54! :-P

Stiring aside, these small OTA updates are really great... not having to keep reflashing/downloading a multi-hundred MB file every time there is a new build to try... Smile
(06-19-2020, 02:49 AM)pfeerick Wrote: Meh... 53 is old news... I'm on 54! :-P

Stiring aside, these small OTA updates are really great... not having to keep reflashing/downloading a multi-hundred MB file every time there is a new build to try... Smile
For me 53 (same as OTA 3) is stable, the icons are the right size, and CRUST has greatly improved the battery life. Calls/SMS work in both directions, although the audio on my end isn't loud enough, even with the volume all the way up. But once the phone goes to sleep and wakes back up, calls and texts no longer work. The other party rings but the PinePhone never rings. The only way to fix it is with a reboot, which works until the phone goes asleep again.

Does 54 fix this problem?
(06-19-2020, 02:08 AM)gevrik Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 02:29 PM)bingo600 Wrote: @gevrik

I ignore the bmap file. With Nautilus on Gnome you can right-click the xz file and use Disk Image Writer to write that directly to the card. DD and Etcher should work well, too.

Once you're up and running with the image go to Settings > Updates and in "channel" choose "Development". But with #52 you do not even need to do that, the "stable" release has all the good stuff running by default.

Thanx for the usefull info Wink