@a-wai, for wi-fi, the mac-address changes at every reboot

I tried to set it to its hardware value by adding at the end of the :

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no

but that doesn't change anything
a little up
Am I the only one in this case?
(06-19-2020, 06:30 AM)chris_02 Wrote: Am I the only one in this case?

Same issue here - I'm sure it will be fixed in due course.
You should try to random a mac and make it permanent

Read and try this :
https://fedoramagazine.org/randomize-mac-address-nm/
The settings seem to be exposed via the gui if you go into the settings for a particular wifi connection. If you go into Details it gives control over 'Hardware Address' and 'Cloned Address' so you can set them on a per-network basis as in @rico's link. I _think_ it's working - at least I'm getting the same address from dhcp, not a different one every time. So far at least...
(06-19-2020, 07:10 AM)nas Wrote: Same issue here - I'm sure it will be fixed in due course.
I also think

(06-19-2020, 11:17 AM)wibble Wrote: The settings seem to be exposed via the gui if you go into the settings for a particular wifi connection. If you go into Details it gives control over 'Hardware Address' and 'Cloned Address' so you can set them on a per-network basis as in @rico's link. I _think_ it's working - at least I'm getting the same address from dhcp, not a different one every time. So far at least...
I'm going to wait for an update, because indeed I tested all this but without any noticeable outcome.
This was due to missing bits in u-boot. Please upgrade your system and then update the bootloader.
(06-30-2020, 07:30 AM)a-wai Wrote: This was due to missing bits in u-boot. Please upgrade your system and then update the bootloader.

Thank you a-wai,

I just did an update/upgrade/reboot.
After reboot the mac wi-fi address did not change.
Same here

My PP stopped "jumping around" , and keeps the same ip (as it has same mac)

/Bingo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move Firefox address bar back to top? Zebulon Walton 5 2,846 06-11-2022, 09:41 AM
Last Post: iwakura_lain
  tor onion address for repo.mobian-project.org? vusra 3 2,537 02-25-2022, 12:53 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Is the A64’s true hardware random generator activated in Mobian’s 5.10 kernel build? LibrePhoneUser 3 3,917 01-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: LibrePhoneUser
  Random but persistent imperfections HLing 6 5,440 10-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Last Post: HLing
  MAC Address/NIC Privacy Script [various options] RTP 2 3,633 08-17-2020, 09:39 AM
Last Post: RTP