Power consumption and suspend to ram
It took a few minutes to "puzzle out" what has happened here
When you did install of bsp uboot, it does 2 things, put uboot files in /boot for you to dd,
AND change extlinux,conf,, wrongly, the root= statement is now wrong (on emmc), not on SD
boot flow, with this mixed up boot, uboot (emmc) -> extlinux.conf (SD) ->rootfs (emmc)
so... edit extlinux.conf (emmc) to have correct root=
sudo blkid will show all
And, BTW, 5.9 cannot do suspend 3, s3, s2mem, suspend to mem
(what version? uname -r or ls /lib/modules/)
If you want this, have to downgrade to 5.8, if it is in /var/cache/pacman/pkgs/ is a lot easier (pacman -U something)
Be sure that the boot is sorted first, of course
(11-30-2020, 12:47 PM)wdt Wrote: It took a few minutes to "puzzle out" what has happened here
When you did install of bsp uboot, it does 2 things, put uboot files in /boot for you to dd,
AND change extlinux,conf,, wrongly, the root=  statement is now wrong (on emmc), not on SD
boot flow, with this mixed up boot, uboot (emmc) -> extlinux.conf (SD) ->rootfs (emmc)
sudo blkid  will show all
If you want this, have to downgrade to 5.8, if it is in /var/cache/pacman/pkgs/ is a lot easier (pacman -U something)

Thank you very much for looking into this.
You are right, the extlinux.conf had a wrong entry under root=, so I modified it and the emmc now boots, but the screen is still blank.

I will boot from a clean SD and rewrite the default uboot on the emmc. So I will stick to it, as I do not know how to downgrade to 5.8. I wanted the S3 to work, because as of now leaving the PBP to sleep consumes the battery fast.
Is there any easy way to enable the S3?

Cheers!
(11-30-2020, 01:29 PM)3xC0MM Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 12:47 PM)wdt Wrote: It took a few minutes to "puzzle out" what has happened here
AND change extlinux,conf,, wrongly, the root=  statement is now wrong (on emmc), not on SD
sudo blkid  will show all

Thank you very much for looking into this.
You are right, the extlinux.conf had a wrong entry under root=, so I modified it and the emmc now boots, but the screen is still blank.

I will boot from a clean SD and rewrite the default uboot on the emmc. So I will stick to it, as I do not know how to downgrade to 5.8. I wanted the S3 to work, because as of now leaving the PBP to sleep consumes the battery fast.
Is there any easy way to enable the S3?

Cheers!

For whatever reson u-boot.itb was not present in the /boot. I copied it there from the SD card and now I am able to boot from the emmc.
Thank you very much!

Now I just need to see how can I resolve the S3 activation. Smile
ls -l /var/cache/pacman/pkgs/linux-* ,,, is there linux-pinbookpro-5.8.14...,,, then pacman -U that package
otherwise, install downgrade, may (likely) have to enable arch repo,, AUR is what it is called
5.7.19 also works (for mem sleep)
But reading your post again, I am a bit confused,, bsp uboot has 3 files,
idbloader.img,,uboot.img,,trust.img. When you see u-boot.itb, that is mainline, has trust within it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lockable-until-power-cycle persistent storage Melab 0 667 09-17-2023, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Melab
  power on Pinebook Pro mainboard without keyboard? papable 0 786 07-20-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: papable
  When does Pinebook Pro power LED go on? Bram 0 577 03-14-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bram
  Doesn’t power on after flashing emmc badguru 3 1,138 02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: badguru
Heart Now better battery life or power management? KC9UDX 5 2,161 09-09-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  high battery drain on suspend/poweroff wiz 5 4,917 02-10-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Replacement Power Cord recommendation? nathanielwheeler 3 3,207 01-23-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  power light blinking during charge when pbpro is off Idaho 0 1,756 01-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Idaho
  Taming the power switch? ab1jx 4 4,761 11-30-2020, 10:57 PM
Last Post: rimaille
Exclamation Seemingly lost power permanently now /cry jimsurvak 2 3,009 11-16-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: jimsurvak