Boot process
I think, IIUR, that you want uboot (and friends) and /boot on emmc,,, / on nvme????
Is this correct? It would also be helpful to mention which distro you wish to install
Is it what is on SD card now?
If /boot is on emmc then uboot does not have to be nvme boot-capable
I modified wiki page with boot sequence details ---> https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=...t_sequence.

Feel free to modify if it needs any corrections.
I think I start to have enough with these OSs.
I installed Ubuntu to the emmc, after upgrade it lost the dock and nothing I've done made it back. So I decided to install something else, but it couldn't boot from the SD card and continuously get the error "rockchip/dptx.bin error -2" or something like that. After some time it booted again so I could flash another SD card with mrfixit's Debian image, which managed to boot after I refreshed idbloader, uboot and trust img-s on the emmc.
So I managed to finally boot Debian from the SD card. So I downloaded an Armbian to installed to the emmc. But now the Debian SD no longer boots (though the LED is green), Armbian from the emmc no longer boots. The only thing that boots is Fedora I have on SD but that one does not see the emmc after trying "lsblk".

Seriously, WTF is going with this???
(10-27-2020, 02:26 AM)cefre00 Wrote: I think I start to have enough with these OSs.
I installed Ubuntu to the emmc, after upgrade it lost the dock and nothing I've done made it back. So I decided to install something else, but it couldn't boot from the SD card and continuously get the error "rockchip/dptx.bin error -2" or something like that. After some time it booted again so I could flash another SD card with mrfixit's Debian image, which managed to boot after I refreshed idbloader, uboot and trust img-s on the emmc.
So I managed to finally boot Debian from the SD card. So I downloaded an Armbian to installed to the emmc. But now the Debian SD no longer boots (though the LED is green), Armbian from the emmc no longer boots. The only thing that boots is Fedora I have on SD but that one does not see the emmc after trying "lsblk".

Seriously, WTF is going with this???

Just to continue my struggles. So for some reason, I don't know why, Fedora started to see the emmc again!(???) So I DD-d it down and used the manjaro-arm-installer, which btw is an awesome tool, to install a Manjaro version to my PBP's emmc. I chose MATE version, install was successful, but the desktop experience is not really good. KDE was not running well due to performance issues, Xfce version did not boot before, so I decided to go for the Gnome version, as Fedora runs so nicely from the SD card.

BUT!
After restarting PBP Fedora no longer sees the emmc. I said why the f*ck not, right? Angry So I inserted another SD card and successfully flashed Manjaro Gnome onto it, cause I know: Manjaro editions booted from SD have a higher probability to actually access the freaking emmc. I was right, emmc is there... So I DD-d it down, for real this time and ran the manjaro-arm-installer from the SD booted Manjaro Gnome. Installer had issues, and guess what: now the PBP does not switch on AT ALL. Dodgy Huh

To be continued...
It seems that a sizeable percentage of mainline uboots are not so good
For no leds, a long press, sometimes a hard pwr off (7-8s) will do,,
sometimes a hard reset (20+s) is needed. Also get bad uboot gone, if on emmc, disable
Ever flashed a wrong bios to a x86 mb?. Results in a f***ing horror show, this is a bit better

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,981 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 994 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Emergency Mode Boot Hotkey? jiacovelli 20 3,885 06-02-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Tow Boot install help Paulie420 7 3,578 11-24-2022, 10:24 AM
Last Post: myself600
  Resume from suspend not working after flashing Tow-Boot to SPI xp19375 3 1,864 10-31-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Bootloader: SD card boot quirks crazyquark 1 1,001 10-04-2022, 12:27 PM
Last Post: elitegamercody
  Fresh Manjaro does not boot from eMMC pentamassiv 7 4,353 08-18-2022, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Bemo
  PBP won’t boot from eMMC after Debian update / Tow-Boot installer won’t boot from SD Pino64 21 9,883 05-12-2022, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Pino64
  Broken eMMC boot annahellrothsparent 3 2,356 04-28-2022, 07:31 AM
Last Post: tophneal