PineTab Mobian
Has someone also experienced the issue that the process "kworker/0:1+pm" eating up 100% cpu power? It happened after the latest update...
Don't know what do do except waiting for the next update. The PineTab is unusable at the moment :-(
I switched to previous kernel (5.9). Everything back to normal...
With Debian releasing Bullseye I was wondering what that meant for Mobian and found the announcement here: https://blog.mobian-project.org/posts/20...e-release/

I'll wait a few weeks, as recommended, before attempting an upgrade to Bookworm.

Cheers,
fjord
Hi folks!

Has someone updated to kernel 5.10 or 5.13 yet? With that kernels  I can't connect to a pc or charge the Pinetab over the micro usb port (usb0). I measure 5V on the connector pins so I guess the usb0 is set to host permanently. Additional I get this message in dmesg:

Code:
musb_bus_suspend 2527: trying to suspend as a_wait_bcon while active

Edit: For the message above I guess I found the solution here but the Pinetab is still in host mode. Dmesg shows:

Code:
configfs-gadget musb-hdrc.2.auto: failed to start g1: -22

I'm really the only one with that issue?

Edit2: I flashed the latest nightly to SD...still the same issue with usb0 set to host. Huh
I recently brought my Mobian Bookworm install up to date and auto rotate works!  Kernel version is 5.15.
I downloaded the weekly image today (image of December 12th) and installed it on a micro SD card.
Login screen is in portrait mode, but it will auto-rotate after login.
Everything feels slow and at first I had some problems with the keyboard.
After enabling the screen keyboard, the physical keyboard also started working for me.
Audio isn't working for me.

When I play a YouTube video with Ubuntu (on the eMMC) I do have working audio.

I guess we still have a long way to go.
Auto rotation is nice, no doubt. But kernel 5.15 drains out the battery over night because of suspend issues, additional the wifi is not found after a while. Scrolling in Firefox 91.4.0 is sluggish as hell. (HW acceleration?)
From using Mobian from the beginning I know it's always 2 steps forward and 1 step back (guess it's the same on other distros). At the moment we are on the second.

As a non developer I don't get it, why the "fancy" things are implemented while HW issues still exist for so long. Maybe it lacks of a real HW developer "guru". I would help if I could, but sorry, I can't.

Anyway, I like Mobian...
I installed the image of the 19th.
I noticed that the audio output is set to the microphone.
You can change this in the settings (Sound) and after that the audio works.
In general it still feels sluggish.
Last Sunday no weekly image.
The Software app showed a System update.
At first I couldn't download it, because I got some error about a missing prepare update file, or something like that.
After a couple of retries it started downloading the update.
Perhaps the prepare update file took a while to download.

I think things are slowly improving.
One weird thing is that audio volume starts muted.
I see Mobian is using a new bootloader called Tow-Boot, this page https://wiki.mobian.org/doku.php?id=install-linux mentions PineTab but there is no PineTab specific image here: https://tow-boot.org/devices/index.html.

After the last round of Mobian updates the onscreen boot keyboard nor the physical keyboard work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 3,577 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  NixOS on PineTab 2 asonix 3 1,892 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Evergreen
  [PineTab2] Issues with Mobian Networking Cornelia Xaos 7 2,353 12-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Cornelia Xaos
  Mobian Boot Problem rogerwegmann 14 3,363 12-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 627 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian won't boot after ton of updates bartgrefte 11 4,308 12-10-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: bartgrefte
  Pinetab 2 as Pinebook Pro replacement Corkonian 4 2,027 08-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CadenAnderson
  Software for PineTab-V msm 12 4,257 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: bingch
  Mobian - Phosh frtodd 1 1,173 06-18-2023, 04:51 AM
Last Post: GloriousCoffee
  Arch Linux ARM on PineTab 1 Danct12 25 29,162 06-10-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: fxc