Want to buy pinephone
(06-20-2020, 04:48 AM)bingo600 Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 08:10 PM)linuxd Wrote: Pine64 a total sham and disservice to linux. This product uses unethical and a undesirable foreign company, has no supports and ultimately HURTS linux.

Would you care to elaborate on the above statements Huh
This is a bit of an extreme reaction, but the background is that a subset of customers with problems with their device or order have had great difficulty getting a response from Pine64 through one or other of the advertised contact channels, and in some cases have allegedly had their order unexpectedly cancelled without explanation. At the other end of the scale some customers report they have had no problem getting in contact, and have been sent replacement parts without charge. The most consistent part from what I've seen is that contact by email is unreliable while raising a ticket usually gets a response.
(06-21-2020, 07:51 AM)(wibble Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 08:10 PM)linuxd Wrote: Pine64 a total sham and disservice to linux. This product uses unethical and a undesirable foreign company, has no supports and ultimately HURTS linux.

This is a bit of an extreme reaction, but the background is that a subset of customers with problems with their device or order have had great difficulty getting a response from Pine64 through one or other of the advertised contact channels, and in some cases have allegedly had their order unexpectedly cancelled without explanation. At the other end of the scale some customers report they have had no problem getting in contact, and have been sent replacement parts without charge. The most consistent part from what I've seen is that contact by email is unreliable while raising a ticket usually gets a response.

If someone keep using four letter words "fxxx" or rude comments when email to sales team, please note that such situation is not tolerated and sales team just cancelled the order (not willing to make in such insult and continue service).
(06-26-2020, 03:00 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 07:51 AM)(wibble Wrote:

If someone keep using four letter words "fxxx" or rude comments when email to sales team, please note that such situation is not tolerated and sales team just cancelled the order (not willing to make in such insult and continue service).
That's consistent with the tone of this person's other posts, and cancelling is fair if it's explained in a response to the rude email IF you've warned them about it first. Have you investigated or addressed the difficulties others have reported, particularly with contact by email, as this person wasn't the only one to complain about it, and others were frustrated but not rude (at least in forum posts)? If email reliability is a problem (service providers accepting then silently dropping email for example) then pointing people to a reliable communication channel would be preferable.
I have had a slightly similar issue back in February, when I ordered a Brave Heart and never got it. I sent numerous e-mails asking about whether or not it was part of the 'forgotten' batch. I never got any reply. Then I sent a message through PayPal, simply asking about the shipping status, because I hadn't heard anything in over a month and sales@ never replied.

My order was then cancelled and I got a full refund. I was kind of disappointed, because I really wanted the phone. But I then contacted tllim and got a coupon for re-ordering. I decided not to do it, and wait for the first v1.2 phone, which turned out to be the UBPorts Community Edition.

That order all went fine though. I received it the 10th and it's working perfectly well hardware wise. So I'm definitely not negative about PINE64 at all. But I can confirm that communication via e-mail is indeed hopeless. I would suggest working on that. But other than that I have had no problems with the company whatsoever. It's absolutely *not* a scam or a disservice to the Linux community.
Happy Brave Heart and PineTime owner, so I also know it's not a scam, and is a great help for linux phone development. I'd hate to see damaged reputation due to overlooking a simple communication issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 260 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 184 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 447 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 107,033 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,682 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 554 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,212 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 460 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,601 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,802 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma