Clusterboard/Modules shipment arrived in a bag
My new clusterboard and 7 modules arrived today in a DHL bag. Within the bag was a cardboard box that had been crushed out of recognizable shape. Thankfully the clusterboard itself was well wrapped and the 7 computer modules were so small and compact that they avoided damage. I am both amazed that the hardware was undamaged given the poor condition of the enclosing cardboard box. I am posting about this because I would like to encourage the company to make better arrangements when shipping that much value to a customer. On the bright side, I am thrilled to receive the parcel and looking forward very much to powering it up and programming it. I am sorry now I didn't purchase a baseboard as well because brining the modules up headless for the first time will be harder than it would have been if I could have attached peripherals to watch the startup sequence. I ordered an enclosure from a community member as well.  It is a very inspiring piece of technology. My imagination soars just looking at it. Smile
(06-11-2020, 07:21 PM)ichibon-brosan Wrote: My new clusterboard and 7 modules arrived today in a DHL bag. Within the bag was a cardboard box that had been crushed out of recognizable shape. Thankfully the clusterboard itself was well wrapped and the 7 computer modules were so small and compact that they avoided damage. I am both amazed that the hardware was undamaged given the poor condition of the enclosing cardboard box. I am posting about this because I would like to encourage the company to make better arrangements when shipping that much value to a customer. On the bright side, I am thrilled to receive the parcel and looking forward very much to powering it up and programming it. I am sorry now I didn't purchase a baseboard as well because brining the modules up headless for the first time will be harder than it would have been if I could have attached peripherals to watch the startup sequence. I ordered an enclosure from a community member as well.  It is a very inspiring piece of technology. My imagination soars just looking at it. Smile
Sorry on the poor packaging and I have passed your comment to shipping team.
(06-11-2020, 07:21 PM)ichibon-brosan Wrote: I ordered an enclosure from a community member as well.

What enclosure did you get ? 

I am looking into getting an enclosure, but maybe a rack mountable one to go in my rack.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Managed Ethernet switch on the Clusterboard dsimic 6 5,205 01-16-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: hazcam
  Selling Clusterboard + 4 sopine xblack86 7 5,729 09-26-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  clusterboard availability? linear 1 1,576 07-17-2022, 06:44 AM
  Buy Cluster and Compute Modules jpotter 1 1,767 01-10-2022, 04:01 PM
Last Post: dcdc
  Clusterboard not getting IP address after network fix Norlark 14 12,263 08-30-2021, 05:00 PM
  SOPine modules stay off at reboot? PeterKeuning 32 35,593 08-17-2021, 11:11 AM
Last Post: renze
  When would be the Clusterboard back on stock? __kzl__ 5 5,136 08-16-2021, 03:52 AM
  Schematics for customising the Clusterboard TechDragon 0 2,045 05-25-2021, 10:28 AM
Last Post: TechDragon
Information Clusterboard Guide AZClusterboard 9 23,164 04-06-2021, 06:32 AM
Brick Clusterboard CAD drawings TeaPack 1 3,765 03-31-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Pine