If you're ready to tinker - here is how to get the more features working right now
The UBports guys are working hard to deliver more well rounded features into the stable image for the PinePhone, but this may yet take some time. 

Meanwhile, if you're keen to experiment and you're not afraid of breaking things (which may require you to re-flash the image) then here's steps you can take to get additional functionality right now.
I'll try to keep this post up-to-date in the days leading up the a Stable OTA with new features.

Switch over to "development channel"
If you're keen to try stuff out, then you'll first need to switch over to the development channel.

Quote:Open "Settings"-> head all the way down to "Updates" -> select "Update Settings" -> "Channels" -> select "Development"

You'll likely experience the phone temporarily slowing down, this is normal. The phone will fetch a new development channel OTA update, after which you should tap "Install & update".

After your phone reboots, before proceeding I suggest you should enable SSH as this will make things easier for you:
Code:
sudo mount -o rw,remount /
sudo umount /etc/init/ssh.override
sudo rm /etc/init/ssh.override
sudo start ssh

Now you're ready to enable additional functionality of the phone under Development Channel.
  1. Enable advanced power management (Crust)
  2. Enable GPS
In the event something breaks, make sure to read @UniversalSuperBox post concerning troubleshooting and dealing with problems -- which are naturally more likely if you're on the dev release channel.

Have fun!

[Image: FGUlJ8A.jpg]
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

With devel image 47, the PinePhone can run for approx 14 hrs in idle and accept incoming calls and SMS messages.
This is a massive achievement and brings us a step close to having the PinePhone being a daily-driver Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Amazing news, thank you!
Interestingly, I can't get my phone to change to the Dev channel. I'll select it, go out, it'll show that it's changed, but it never gives me the OTA update option, and on a reboot, is back on Stable.
She knows just enough about Linux to be dangerous.
Me ~ Tw: @chernowa
(06-14-2020, 06:14 AM)AddieDirects Wrote: Interestingly, I can't get my phone to change to the Dev channel. I'll select it, go out, it'll show that it's changed, but it never gives me the OTA update option, and on a reboot, is back on Stable.

Annnnd as soon as I post something here, it seems to work. Strange. It's like when the IT guy comes to look at something and it just...works when they're standing there.
She knows just enough about Linux to be dangerous.
Me ~ Tw: @chernowa
İ dont know, if this is the right place to comment. But i am on version 49 (dev), the lockscreen and main screen (home) is outzoomed (90%). The rest of the apps are 100% and the fonts are not small, like the lockscreen and homescreen. How can change the resolution?

Sorry for my bad English.
(06-15-2020, 11:29 AM)m.alizade7 Wrote: İ dont know, if this is the right place to comment. But i am on version 49 (dev), the lockscreen and main screen (home) is outzoomed (90%). The rest of the apps are 100% and the fonts are not small, like the lockscreen and homescreen. How can change the resolution?

The resolution problem is something within the xenial edge crust programming. Happens automatically as soon as you update to 48 OTA. But it happened to me on 47 after manually enabling crust as well. Hopefully its fixed with image 50
(06-15-2020, 03:33 PM)LMalilil Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 11:29 AM)m.alizade7 Wrote: İ dont know, if this is the right place to comment. But i am on version 49 (dev), the lockscreen and main screen (home) is outzoomed (90%). The rest of the apps are 100% and the fonts are not small, like the lockscreen and homescreen. How can change the resolution?

The resolution problem is something within the xenial edge crust programming. Happens automatically as soon as you update to 48 OTA. But it happened to me on 47 after manually enabling crust as well. Hopefully its fixed with image 50

Ah that's the problem! Thanks for the reply.
Just to be clear where the link is to how to enable gps,that is listed as #2 after crust. Does that mean crust must be enabled first?
Bug 
I just got my UBports CE PinePhone and I'm trying to follow these instructions to get the latest development version.

Quote:Open "Settings"-> head all the way down to "Updates" -> select "Update Settings" -> "Channels" -> select "Development"
Does it matter which "Development" channel I choose?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2017]

.jpg   SAM_3148_update_channels.jpg (Size: 46.53 KB / Downloads: 3,775)

Anyway, no matter which channel I choose (Stable or Development), I get "Update failed FileNotFoundError":
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2018]

.jpg   SAM_3149_update_error.jpg (Size: 48.96 KB / Downloads: 3,987)

I tried to update the Weather App and Calculator separately, and that worked, so there's nothing wrong with the internet connection.

Any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nextcloud Account setup not working kelbot 3 6,514 04-21-2021, 11:25 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  UBPorts Not Working Pinoideae 7 9,347 03-13-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Pinephone 3G Bluetooth Working Pretty Well With Latest Mobian Updates rmcg 0 2,426 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: rmcg
Question Camera(s) not working? UNi 9 13,435 09-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Cree
  File transfer mode no longer working? Zweitaktmotor 0 2,040 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Whats good and working: latest build. Cree 7 9,496 07-31-2020, 10:55 AM
Last Post: klick
  GPS working! But..... Cree 1 2,997 07-31-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Cree
  Cellular switch (sw1) causes wifi to stop working blihp 4 5,972 07-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: blihp
  How to get a camera working? lindertb 3 5,878 05-24-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Engineer
  Audio is not working DrewTechs 0 2,305 05-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DrewTechs