No sound in applications
Hello everyone.

I'm currently trying to have sound coming out, but whether it's one of the youtube app from the store, the morph browser or even the alarm clock, there is absolutely no sound coming out. 
And i'm sure it isn't a problem from the loudspeaker, it makes a faint ultrasound noise at startup.

Is there something to activate ? Or any way to troubleshoot the problem ?
I have tried tinkering with the privacy switches and when i deactivate the one for headphones and still put some on, there is some crackling sound and it's continuous. It variates a little when the screen rotates. Still no luck with loudspeakers. Maybe I should post this in hardware related posts...
(06-09-2020, 10:47 AM)Alistel Wrote: I have tried tinkering with the privacy switches and when i deactivate the one for headphones and still put some on, there is some crackling sound and it's continuous. It variates a little when the screen rotates. Still no luck with loudspeakers. Maybe I should post this in hardware related posts...

try to flash the factory test image to your phone: https://images.postmarketos.org/pinephon...t43.img.xz
then do the speaker test. if it doesn't work there you can guarantee there is some hardware issue.
(06-09-2020, 11:06 AM)clover Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 10:47 AM)Alistel Wrote: I have tried tinkering with the privacy switches and when i deactivate the one for headphones and still put some on, there is some crackling sound and it's continuous. It variates a little when the screen rotates. Still no luck with loudspeakers. Maybe I should post this in hardware related posts...

try to flash the factory test image to your phone: https://images.postmarketos.org/pinephon...t43.img.xz
then do the speaker test. if it doesn't work there you can guarantee there is some hardware issue.
Well I have to thank you for sharing me that factory test. And the results were positive. Everything works, loudspeakers and headphones included.
So the issue must come from the default install that came with the phone i guess. I guess the solution is to flash the EMMC with the latest UT release or try another OS, right ?
Hey, I also had the issue (stable channel). I asked around on the Telegram channel and they suggested following:

- Update latest OTA (In this time that I wrote the post latest OTA released in 24/06/2020)
- Factory Reset the phone on the settings.

This worked for me, so I will suggest that give it a try.
I, too have no sounds in applications. switching to Dev channel, updating, and attempting a factory reset did not fix it.

troubleshooting it is a hassle until there's a toggle to disable the deep sleep, because SSH connections close as soon as the screen turns off.

edit: today I performed a full data reset (again) and this time it fixed the sound. it's a real phone!
(06-24-2020, 04:46 PM)EfeGurkan Wrote: Hey, I also had the issue (stable channel). I asked around on the Telegram channel and they suggested following:

- Update latest OTA (In this time that I wrote the post latest OTA released in 24/06/2020)
- Factory Reset the phone on the settings.

This worked for me, so I will suggest that give it a try.

I flashed UT yesterday and I found the same problem. This worked. No need to change to dev channel.
(06-26-2020, 11:28 PM)hiimtye Wrote: I, too have no sounds in applications. switching to Dev channel, updating, and attempting a factory reset did not fix it.

troubleshooting it is a hassle until there's a toggle to disable the deep sleep, because SSH connections close as soon as the screen turns off.

edit: today I performed a full data reset (again) and this time it fixed the sound. it's a real phone!
Are you using the Dev channel? I installed version 153 today and did a factory reset (Erase & Reset All) and still do not have sound from YouTube. Phone volume is extremely low.
PinePhone UBports CE and Mobian on SD, Mint Mobile, Pinebook Pro Manjaro
I've long since switched to other distros. I have sound in Manjaro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sound won’t work LMalilil 2 3,863 07-28-2020, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Cree
  Sound profiles on UBPorts afigegoznaet 2 3,736 05-06-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: afigegoznaet