What is a Wifi Remote I2c for?
I discovered I have a Wifi Remote I2c (PMWF01A) fresh in a box, and I can't figure out what it should be used for.
Is it a remote device for sensing, or a remote WiFi expander, or ??
What would one use it for?
I hadn't heard of this either, but it looks like it has a wiki page here: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Wifi_Remote_I2c

It's just an ESP8266 module stuck on a board with some I/O ports and, apparently, a mechanical 3-amp relay suitable for switching mains power.

My guess is that this is intended as some sort of management controller for a larger computer, sort of like a server BMC; the idea would be that you can connect to this device over wifi and use it for remote console access on a misbehaving machine, or something. That's what it looks like, at any rate. I don't have any actual experience with this particular device.
Thanks!
It came with my original order for Pine64 computers several years ago. I'm not sure which version they are, actually, but would be the first ones they shipped. The box says PA642GB.
(06-09-2020, 12:42 PM)davegadgeteer Wrote: Thanks!
It came with my original order for Pine64 computers several years ago. I'm not sure which version they are, actually, but would be the first ones they shipped. The box says PA642GB.
There is only one version

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: Reverse Engineering WiFi on RISC-V BL602 lupyuen 4 4,507 07-08-2021, 09:20 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  How To Find Wifi Password On Mac? sanojsharma 1 2,220 11-06-2020, 08:49 PM
Last Post: pajux