Real World Use Cases
I know all of this is really new and I am amazed at how far all of this had gotten, but...
I have found Mobian to be the most stable and supporting the most features of the phone, for me.
A couple things that would really make a big difference from a user point of view.

Has anyone been able to import contacts, like a .vcf file or something? I imagine Evolution is way too resource intensive to run but importing a backup there would be huge! I know, dare to dream. One day...

Anybody have email working?

Like I said, this is all amazing and don't want these to be seen as complaints, but can't learn if you don't ask.
If you have your contacts in NextCloud you can use Gnome Online Accounts  to sync with your phone (works in Mobian).
I'm running Evolution as my mail client. Works pretty well. I've got it synced to my Nextcloud contacts and calendars as well.
(06-08-2020, 12:58 AM)Boern Wrote: I'm running Evolution as my mail client. Works pretty well. I've got it synced to my Nextcloud contacts and calendars as well.

Is Evolution heavy on resources? How's the cpu and memory usage?
(06-09-2020, 12:54 AM)kramer65 Wrote: Is Evolution heavy on resources? How's the cpu and memory usage?

As it's just a frontend CPU usage is more or less nonexistant when it's running in the background.
I just started it up and htop reports about 130 MB RAM usage. Not great, but not terrible either.
(06-05-2020, 10:29 AM)severson Wrote: Has anyone been able to import contacts, like a .vcf file or something? 
https://github.com/pine-clover/Clontacts
welp, got evolution installed and the backup imported. Evolution is not really usable but does populate the contacts and calendars.
I am running mobian so have not been able to use the import script but thanks anyway.
(06-10-2020, 06:50 PM)severson Wrote: I am running mobian so have not been able to use the import script but thanks anyway.
should work on mobian. might need to apt install syncevolution but it should work. i've tried on PureOS and Ubuntu Touch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Is This World We Live In? _radv_ 5 992 02-22-2024, 06:52 AM
Last Post: aular
  Speaking of real libre phone as400 0 1,772 02-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Last Post: as400