first 3 days MAJOR ISSUES
Got my Pinebook Pro a few days ago. I live in US and got British charger instead of American one. Who do I connect about this?

Fortunately I was able to get a high amp type C changer so changed it up from dead. The next day I tried updating and I lost net connection during update. Had to reboot and now I have black screen with a cursors. I think I just have to download image and reinstall from a micro sd card.
I might have have a friend d/l and etch for me because my main right now is a Rpi4 with a flash drive.
Hah! Want to swap chargers or the slide on bits with me? I'm UK and got a charger without a UK widget so can't use the charger. I haven't figured out what zone/country the two widgets that came with the charger are for it wouldn't surprise me if one of them was USA.
You should file a support ticket through the main site. You are welcome to coordinate together here and see if it's something you could easily swap or not. Probably the fastest/easiest route.
https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricit...y-country/

I have two slide-on connector widget plugs -- Type C (Europe but not UK) and a Type B (USA) -- neither of which I can use (well, I could use the Type C plug in a Type G socket but dodgy as heck and IMO really unstable but at least half the pins are insulated).

blukami: If you have a Type G (UK) slide-on widget plug then perhaps we discuss exchanging B for G widget plugs via PM?

Probably ought to make sure we have same charger and widget connectors before hand.
(06-03-2020, 04:03 PM)lot378 Wrote: https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricit...y-country/

I have two slide-on connector widget plugs -- Type C (Europe but not UK) and a Type B (USA) -- neither of which I can use (well, I could use the Type C plug in a Type G socket but dodgy as heck and IMO really unstable but at least half the pins are insulated).

blukami: If you have a Type G (UK) slide-on widget plug then perhaps we discuss exchanging B for G widget plugs via PM?

Probably ought to make sure we have same charger and widget connectors before hand.

My understanding was that the pinebook charger does not ship with a UK socket unless you buy the seperate charger from their site which comes with all the adaptors, otherwise you get it with a US or EU one but no UK one.
(06-05-2020, 01:47 PM)account3122 Wrote: My understanding was that the pinebook charger does not ship with a UK socket unless you buy the seperate charger from their site which comes with all the adaptors, otherwise you get it with a US or EU one but no UK one.

https://store.pine64.org/?product=rock64...uk-us-plug

^^ That is the charger that came with the Pinebook Pro minus UK and AUS widgets. Why take two away? That suggests to me mindless penny pinching or poor organisation. Who wants to order a separate charger to get the full set of widgets with an additional EMS charge? End up with two chargers? A Pinebook Pro cannot be shipped with anything else (except an NVMe adapter) in one order (for reasons making no sense). No excuses or apologists just get it right first time.
Ameridroid is in California. That's where I got my US charger from.
Edit: link

https://ameridroid.com/products/5v-3a-po...5e51&_ss=r

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with T-Mobile Home Internet? skinnyonthebebop 3 990 10-17-2023, 07:42 AM
Last Post: skinnyonthebebop
  Got a PBP - batch(August/September) and the audio is not good(2 big issues) crazyquark 2 1,398 10-01-2022, 10:16 AM
Last Post: crazyquark
  MiniConda Install Issues nixyhustle 0 740 09-16-2022, 10:06 PM
Last Post: nixyhustle
  new PBP issues jpjnh 9 3,706 08-22-2022, 07:26 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
  A couple of thoughts if there's a major revision Perl6_user 2 2,350 07-28-2021, 07:57 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  HArdware issues while charging user18130814200115 2 2,748 05-01-2021, 04:13 AM
Last Post: gabeeg
  Issues with chromium-docker PVD 4 6,257 12-17-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: warehouses
  App installation issues on PBP pineitup 0 1,648 10-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: pineitup
  issues with keyboard/trackpad in Manjaro, can't test other OSs joshw 11 12,570 06-25-2020, 08:11 AM
Last Post: joshw