I can NOT recommend the KDE plasma widgets
If you have already done this and are stuck, here's what I did to resolve it.  

Pre-requisite: You have not been working in the root Desktop, but rather the administrator user Desktop that you should have created upon startup.  We will work with two users, root and <username>, where the latter is the username with the stuck desktop.

1. Reboot your machine (hard reboot)
  2. The Manjaro KDE Plasma login screen should appear after reboot.  The issue I saw is only related to logging in, because the CPU Monitor widget is bound to your user Desktop, not everyone else's.
  3. Switch User from login screen
  4. For username root and then your root password
  5. This should open a new Desktop as root user, with no non-stock widgets enabled
  6. Open Konsole
  7. From the command line (as root), `su <username>`, where <username> is the username with the stuck desktop.
  8. `cd ~/.config` to navigate to <username> config directory.  Note, this is not root .config directory, but the <username> .config directory.
  9. `vim plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc`  (or use any text editor of your choice)
  10. Find the following lines and delete:
    [Containments][2][Applets][19] immutability=1 plugin=org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor.cpu
  11. Save, restart entire machine and login as your <username>

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can NOT recommend the KDE plasma widgets - by Phillip Bell - 06-04-2020, 07:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Plasma blinking cursor jcun4128 4 1,353 05-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: korreckj328
  printing -- Manjaro ARM KDE plasma straightwalker 8 6,567 07-04-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Photo Remove activity manager bar on right side of screen - plasma kde motezart 3 4,433 10-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: motezart
  Issue with screeen tilers - Anyone can recommend? motezart 0 1,578 10-20-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: motezart