Not receiving SMS messages
As a GUI only user...
      I am using a very recent download of the Mobian nightly build on my Brave Heart phone on the AT&T PrePaid network.
Everything works "out of the box"  with minor imperfections.  ( I get 3 copies of my incoming texts,  not a big problem )
  Everything is at default settings.
The speaker phone works great on my end,  but I have had complaints that when I use speaker phone they hear an echo.

SO over-all I have no complaints about this beta stage O.S.

A older nightly from about a week or so back did a strange thing with my text,

The new text would 'show' in the preview, but when I clicked to open it, there only older texts showed.

Thankful that problem has been fixed.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
This looks like an issue with purple-mm-sms not dealing great with CDMA networks.
We might hopefully have a solution within the next few weeks Smile
(07-03-2020, 02:31 AM)a-wai Wrote: This looks like an issue with purple-mm-sms not dealing great with CDMA networks.
We might hopefully have a solution within the next few weeks Smile
The new window scaling feature makes modem-manager-gui much more usable, but a fix to Chatty for CDMA would be great.

I use Mobian full time on a CDMA network, I'll gladly test out any fixes if you want.
I was having an issue with USA T-Mobile (not CDMA) on the PureOS port for PP CE in which T-Mobile spam sent MMS messages to me (perhaps trying to confirm something). This was further exacerbated by being in an area without signal and the phone's battery dying regularly. I created the following script to delete the messages they send.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

MODEM=`sudo mmcli -L | awk '{print $1}' | awk -F'/' '{print $6}'`
oIFS=$IFS
IFS=$'\n'

CACHEDSMS=""

for CACHEDSMS in `sudo mmcli -m $MODEM --messaging-list-sms | awk '{print $1}' | awk -F'/' '{print $6}'`; do
    if sudo mmcli -s $CACHEDSMS | grep 'smsc: +12063130057' ; then
        sudo mmcli -m $MODEM --messaging-delete-sms=$CACHEDSMS
    fi
done

While I haven't put this in a cron, the script works and should be able to be placed in a cron.
(05-31-2020, 08:23 AM)Hi All,I wrote this script, will check all sms and delete from the modem. Wrote: #!/bin/bash

# This script will check all messages and delete all from the Modem
# Demetrius R. Paula Nov 2020

# Find the modem
modem=-1
for i in `seq 0 9`; do
    mmcli -m $i
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        modem=$i
        break;
    fi
done

echo "Modem is $i"

## Check all received and sent sms and delete them from the modem.
mmcli --modem 0 --messaging-list-sms | grep -oP '(?<=SMS/).*(?=.(sent))' | while read -r line ; do
mmcli --modem 0 --messaging-delete-sms=$line
done
mmcli --modem 0 --messaging-list-sms | grep -oP '(?<=SMS/).*(?=.(received))' | while read -r line ; do
mmcli --modem 0 --messaging-delete-sms=$line
done

# Print the list of remaining SMS'
mmcli --modem $i --messaging-list-sms

hope it is helpful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to send messages with chatty user641 0 724 09-07-2022, 04:35 AM
Last Post: user641
  Receiving SMS stopped working treebeard 11 5,237 08-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: treebeard
  Chatty - XMPP receiving photos - inline display doesn't work arkadione 2 1,872 07-10-2022, 03:16 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  Not receiving SMSs biketool 1 1,292 04-17-2022, 05:11 AM
Last Post: biketool
  GDM3 Receiving call on login screen d-.-b 4 3,467 10-07-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: d-.-b
Question Best Way of Receiving Calls Without SIM (VOIP) lovepine88 16 12,136 10-07-2021, 12:38 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  Pinephone not receiving SMS. SMS not showing on modem either. norbear 4 5,063 03-27-2021, 11:43 AM
Last Post: norbear
  Chat client is eating messages tecnocris 0 1,279 03-06-2021, 10:14 AM
Last Post: tecnocris
  Possible to disable display of SMS text messages? Zebulon Walton 2 3,137 12-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Information Receiving Call During Sleep Experiment/Experience RTP 1 2,839 11-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: dukla2000