power button - tactile button make and model number
I took a caliper to my board, and for my 6*6*5 buttons, the face of the button is about 1.75 mm below the face of the USB ports, and there is about .25mm travel in the button. So if you are planning on a full case and want access to one or both of the buttons, it looks like 6.75 mm is flush with the USB. So if the case is flush with the face of the USB, then a 6*6*7 would be barely above the surface, and would be flush when pressed. Obviously you could go longer to make it project further, or shorter to have it recessed.

I bought from a local vendor because I wanted them fairly quickly- they actually arrived in two days given that both the seller and I are in California. I did find a listing for 300 6*6*7 for $13.99 with free epacket shipping from China- that's $.0466 each. I always like to buy items in some quantity, especially commodity items, since the price difference between bulk and retail is huge and it's handy to have spare kit around.

Messages In This Thread
RE: power button - tactile button make and model number - by cpeterlotz - 07-14-2016, 01:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP_JACK not activated at power-up gbjensen 5 8,305 05-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Last Post: toyshop
  Airmouse only works on AC power? Chisel_86 4 6,921 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
Last Post: pfeerick