Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software
(10-27-2020, 05:01 PM)llsf Wrote: @TheBackburner sorry about that, I cleaned up some older files on the server and seem to have removed the new signal package instead of the old one. Should be fixed now.

I guess this is the right place to ask such questions, btw Smile

@pineitup  

protonmail-bridge-nogui from the AUR seems to build fine (using --ignorepkg when building, or by adding aarch64 to the arch-array in the PKGBUILD).

The build process for the gui-version of protonmail-bridge is horrible, though (qtdeploy, which is used, seems to ignore quite a few pathes and seems to rely on some semi-hardcoded pathes to tools). Didn't manage to work around this yet, so you might have to rely on the nogui-version for the time being.
Thanks! So I managed to install the nogui version, and other than odd warnings it appears to be working at least with receiving emails. The warnings are:
in the proton cli as output for check i (which is supposed to check the internet connection):
Code:
>>> check i
Connection security error: Your network connection to Proton services may
be insecure.

Description:
ProtonMail Bridge was not able to establish a secure connection to Proton
servers due to a TLS certificate error. This means your connection may
potentially be insecure and susceptible to monitoring by third parties.

Recommendation:
* If you trust your network operator, you can continue to use ProtonMail
  as usual.
* If you don't trust your network operator, reconnect to ProtonMail over a VPN
  (such as ProtonVPN) which encrypts your Internet connection, or use
  a different network to access ProtonMail.

Failed to obtain reader, failed to marshal fields to JSON, json: unsupported type: func() (io.ReadCloser, error)
Failed to obtain reader, failed to marshal fields to JSON, json: unsupported type: func() (io.ReadCloser, error)
while thunderbird complained about something with the certificates and seld signing of certificates. Does it ring a bell or is my whole setup compromised? And btw - it appears that the cli program has to run at all times if I want to send/receive emails? I thought I need to run the cli just fo set things up, but the emails don't go through when it's not running. Isn't it a bit crazy to have to run the proton vpn cli and the protonmail bridge cli every time I turn on my machine?

I also tried installing electronmail - the proton mail+contacts+calendar client, but it fails because of some gconf dependency that can't be satisfied:
Code:
[USER electronmail-bin]$ makepkg -si
==> Making package: electronmail-bin 4.8.0-1 (Sun 01 Nov 2020 08:32:10 PM EST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
[sudo] password for pinez:
error: target not found: gconf
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Missing dependencies:
  -> gconf
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.
Thanks for your help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software - by pineitup - 11-01-2020, 07:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  By the way, yay arch... KC9UDX 4 710 03-30-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 278 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,747 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 326 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,131 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,203 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 402 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 884 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 2,017 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,964 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald