Did you pay import tax?
Yes
50.53%
No
49.47%
95 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it?
UK, 20% VAT on the declared value (USD25) = £3.81, plus £8.00 Royal Mail Handling fee = £11.81 total.

I really think the Asendia experiment was an awful experience and, at least for the UK, would prefer China post or DHL (or ANYONE else) in future. It was expensive, it was slow, and 3 weeks with no tracking updates is ridiculous.

I did contact Asendia directly - the first time they said it was not in their system. When I sent a screenshot showing it was, they blamed Royal Mail. This was during the 3 week blackout period - they were the last people to touch it but they clearly have a Teflon (nothing sticks here) attitude to business. If there is anything more I can do or say to help prevent anyone else having such a rubbish experience I am happy to help!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - by dukla2000 - 02-12-2020, 01:14 PM