Did you pay import tax?
Yes
50.53%
No
49.47%
95 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it?
Ireland:  I paid €44.23, representing VAT @ 23% plus €10 postal handling fee.  (Ireland imposes a customs duty on items with an intrinsic value of over €150, which did not apply here.)

In terms of process, I got a letter notifying me that my item was being held by customs.  They asked me to email them the value of the item (including postage and packaging) and accompanying proof.  I emailed them the email receipt I got from the Pine Store and a print-out of my PayPal account showing the payment in €.  They responded to advise me of the required payment.

You need to pay the import charge in cash to the postal worker who delivers the package before he will hand it over (I asked if there was any way to pre-pay online or using a card, but apparently there is not).  If you don't have the money when the postal worker arrives, the package will go back to a local delivery centre and you will have to visit there to pay the charge and pick up the package.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - by bunburya - 02-11-2020, 03:46 PM