Suggested OS?
I have tried Majaro and Ubuntu Mate on SD cards. Manjaro is not my style, but it ran with few problems. I am using Ubuntu Mate (Bionic Mate Community Build) and have found it to support more applications "out of the box" or by using the distribution package installer. I have installed Libre Office, Thunderbird and Vivaldi (my browser of choice) and they are all working well under Ubuntu. You might take a look at vinagre for a remote viewer, as it supports VNC RDP, and SSH. I am using it as my VNC viewer of choice.

I also found that experimenting with the CPU speed settings can make a world of difference in performance. Either the Interactive or Ondemand settings seem to be best when running from battery, but going to the Performance setting is great if you are on the charger. There is a noticeable delay when the others shift speed due to demand.

I am going to try and get Wireguard VPN working as I use that a lot while away from home. Ubuntu comes with kernel header files installed and that will be needed to get Wireguard installed. I can't find the header files for the default distribution. Wireguard is cross platform and might be a possible solution for secure remote access. I use it with family members on Mac, Win10, Linux, and Android phones.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Suggested OS? - by dhosh - 01-28-2020, 07:23 PM
RE: Suggested OS? - by PakoSt - 01-28-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Suggested OS? - by dhosh - 01-28-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: Suggested OS? - by mainer - 01-28-2020, 09:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggested software for use case ehcorn 4 2,028 08-17-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: TRS-80