Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY)
Great! Maybe at the least we can pool resources to make this a reality through someone else. Until then, there's no harm in us trying ourselves. Let's work together and see what we can do!

Concerning the kernel, it seems ayufan's build uses a fork of the kernel by Rockchip for the RK3399, with some patches applied. I wonder if we could do something similar with the kernel used by mrfixit2001's Debian, that is installed from the factory. (It seems to be fully featured enough, we may not even need to patch. I thought about mainline, but decided against it bc suspend.) We should be able to do the same with mrfixit or pcm720's u-boots, though coreboot might work too. I've been spending any free time at work looking for where certain changes would need to be made to make such changes, and I think I've found a lot of them. I think trying a pass at building a an image for the gru board and applying the patches to that might be worth it, too. Gru is also an RK3399, and is the same board used in ayufan's builds.

I'll boot my Mac into the dev environment this weekend, rerun the build instructions, and share the error that I couldn't get past. I'll see if I can build an image from gru after. Maybe we can use that as the base image to patch. How far have you gotten in your efforts so far?

I'm going to try looking around for something that would let us users pool money, and avoid the risk of being perceived as not serious.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to commission a new Chromium build - by tophneal - 01-02-2020, 04:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,500 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  Chromium OS 78? obyknovenius 2 6,023 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,673 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Possible to use different uboot with Chromium? tophneal 1 3,838 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Last Post: tophneal