Keeping you up-to-date
13.68%
Chats and forums
2.11%
Nothing
25.26%
95 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How did we do this year and what could be done better?
Overall, I'm very happy with the Pinebook Pro  Smile

I can understand how some people had an issue with high shipping costs.

Although there are always going to be unanswered questions, "Keeping you up-to-date" has been surprisingly good considering how many projects Pine64 has in development.

Yes, there are a few possible hardware issues with the PBP (eg. weak WiFi, whining noise, etc.), but this is to be expected with any new product.  The important thing is that they get addressed moving forward.

"Store Support" could use some improvement.  Currently, there seems to be two major issues.

The first, is that the Pinebook serial console adapter sold in the store might not work properly with the Pinebook Pro because it is the wrong chipset and the wrong voltage.

(12-08-2019, 05:23 PM)Der Geist der Maschine Wrote: #4 People report issues with Pine64's serial console cable https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8494 frying the Pinebook Pro. How was the serial console cable tested? How was it possible that it's sold in the store? Why is it still sold in the store?

The second, is that the PINEBOOK Pro M.2/NGFF NVMe SSD Interface Adapter doesn't fit the Pinebook Pro.

So there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the store and the community.  That's one thing that could be done better.

The "Community Relations" (thanks @Luke!) and "Chats and forums" are excellent.  We truly have a great group of people here willing to help out and share their knowledge, as well as administrators and moderators who do a fine job keeping it running.

I would also like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Wiki. Without all your help I couldn't edit your atrocious English  Tongue

Based on everything I've seen so far, I looking forward to great things from Pine in 2020 Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did we do this year and what could be done better? - by zaius - 12-16-2019, 01:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy new year 2021 ryo 1 3,286 12-31-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: nightranger73