Re-partitioning; Adding swap partition; Using GPT partitions
(12-12-2019, 04:17 AM)danielt Wrote: Hi @z4v4l, for UEFI I think completeness is best defined by the ability to accomplish useful tasks, such as booting an installer from SD card and installing a (working Wink ) OS to eMMC.

<SNIP>

interacting with grub via the serial port is a lousy user experience.

<SNIP>

Maybe we will reach a point where improving the completeness of the generic u-boot UEFI support is a road block that must be overcome to unlock another use-case. However that, IMHO would be a success, not a failure, since it would be an indicator of how far the PBP has come!

This is a very good approach to boiling the ocean, Daniel. Start one drop at a time. :-)

Regarding GRUB from serial, I have to remind myself of toggling hw registers on a PDP — or POKEing ROM addresses on an Apple ][. You obviously don't want this kind of interaction when you're really just trying to get WiFi sitting on a flight in tourist class!
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
— Brian Eno, "Oblique Strategies"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Re-partitioning; Adding swap partition; Using GPT partitions - by Jeremiah Cornelius - 12-12-2019, 09:06 AM