Ethical & sustainable resources
Hi!

Thanks so much Pine people for your great products! I can't wait to order the Pinebook Pro and PinePhone!

It looks like all these products just tick almost all the boxes of what is (and was since a looong time) necessary! It's not with the intention to complain about that one last box that's unticked: ethics... ; rather, I was wondering if there might not be an easy optional kind of solution for this: by proposing buyers to donate a certain amount that would go to some initiatives, or suitable organisation that deals with this... I know, it may feel hypocrite to some, to support it in a secondary way, while these products are (well, to my feeling very most likely not exactly ethically produced, which is to some extent fair enough, as almost all companies do so...), but I don't think it is absurd because you'd really support something that can have a significant effect, so that later the situation can be settled correctly hopefully at some point... Customers will feel it also as quite natural to donate at that moment, because otherwise it is a bit uncoupled and therefore mainly idealistic, to donate independently from a purchase. In fact, now there are no companies just honestly saying how people involved in the production chain are being treated, while there are many pretty questionable cases in there. I believe it may be a beautiful and courageous and very honest initiative to openly admit this to the customers, but also presenting an option to do something about it.
You could say: just buy a fairphone then... But to be honest, I would find this approach more fair, more realistic, less just idealistic and more down to earth, with a potentially greater effect. (Though, I also like Fairphone, don't get me wrong please :~) And it would make Pine64 the most revolutionary tech company (well, if it isn't already..?)

Curious to hear how you receive this idea...

Kurijn

Messages In This Thread
Ethical & sustainable resources - by Njiruk - 07-16-2019, 04:13 PM
RE: Ethical & sustainable resources - by Kochise - 08-29-2019, 01:49 PM
RE: Ethical & sustainable resources - by lispy - 08-29-2019, 11:20 PM
RE: Ethical & sustainable resources - by kaylios - 08-30-2019, 02:03 AM