Any way to run 32-bit apps?
(07-09-2019, 11:50 AM)CarlGundel Wrote: Greetings.  This is my first post here.

I just received one of the latest batches of the Pinebook.  I expected that this laptop would not run Raspian, but did I make the bad assumption that there is no way to run 32-bit Linux applications on this computer?  I have searched the forum and didn't really find a satisfactory answer.

I wanted to make a review video and show VisualWorks Smalltalk and my own ARM version of Liberty BASIC running on the computer but I guess I am at least in the near term not able to do this unless there is some support for 32-bit either as a straight 32-bit Linux or as a way to install 32-bit support.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think you will find it useful for Raspberry Pi users to be able to move smoothly to your platform by letting them bring their software with them.  :-)

Any suggestions welcome, and thanks.

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com
http://libertybasiccom.proboards.com

You can do either option: run either 32bit Linux, or install support for 32bit ARM executables.

My suggestion would be the latter. On Debian or Ubuntu based systems, I believe it should be as simple as running 
Code:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

Alternatively, you could find some of the old "armhf" OS images for the Pinebook, but again I do not recommend that.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Messages In This Thread
Any way to run 32-bit apps? - by CarlGundel - 07-09-2019, 11:50 AM
RE: Any way to run 32-bit apps? - by fire219 - 07-09-2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Any way to run 32-bit apps? - by CarlGundel - 07-09-2019, 02:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool chain to write Pine 64 linux apps on a Windows Dev machine SvdSinner 2 4,331 07-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: tllim