big.little cluster not exposed?
Question 
I've installed Ayufan's kernels on Armbian (both 5.0 and 4.20 work great, after fixing a missing link in /boot: uInitrd -> uInitrd-5.0.0-1103-ayufan-g5cdba61f032d).

But I've noticed that cpu-intensive tasks keep moving around the cores as if the operating system has no clue which ones are the big cores and which ones the little ones. I had to run "taskset -p -c 5-6 xxx" to force PID xxx to run on the A72 cores. When I do lscpu, I don't see that there are different classes of cores.
The raid benchmarks (in dmesg, at start of the system) gets results much lower than under Armbian's 4.4.174 kernel, which is consistent with the system running them on A57 cores instead of A72. I'm still using dtb-4.4.174 in /boot, so the kernel can pick the dtb from there.

It seems to have no effect, so I guess, that in Ayufan's kernels the dtb is compiled into the kernel? Has somebody else noticed this?Is there an easy way to use Armbian's DTB (when decompiling Armbian's DTB, it generates a DTS that has much more details than the DTS in Ayufan's kernels)?

Thanks,
Mathias

Messages In This Thread
big.little cluster not exposed? - by bavay - 03-28-2019, 07:46 AM
RE: big.little cluster not exposed? - by guannais - 03-30-2019, 12:07 PM
RE: big.little cluster not exposed? - by LMM - 05-03-2019, 03:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Little Cluster Questions TheUnknownMuncher 2 3,290 06-23-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: TheUnknownMuncher