RockPro64 powerful enough as a Plex Media Server?
#2
I have mine running Plex (and many other services, including rdp desktop which uses quite a few resources) and I must say that it performs really well for the most part. 95% of the time I have no issues with it, in the remaining 5% of the time movies sometimes halt to 'buffer'. This is obviously related to the type of file. For reference, this is on kernel 4.4 - performance may be better in this respect on 4.18, but someone else would have to comment on that.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter




Messages In This Thread
RE: RockPro64 powerful enough as a Plex Media Server? - by Luke - 08-13-2018, 04:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Wifi drive for the RockPro64 John45595 0 398 02-10-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: John45595
Wink You don't sell case and fan for "ROCKPro64 4GB Single Board Computer"? Clea 1 880 09-17-2023, 12:00 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Want to check maximum toggle speed in Rockpro64 board. kundanjha 0 748 08-14-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kundanjha
  Unable to boot Armbian on new RockPro64 mooseball 5 4,490 07-14-2023, 08:59 AM
Last Post: rockjonn
  Hardware fix for software sound problem on Rockpro64 Ricks Rockpro 0 964 04-06-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Ricks Rockpro
  No sound on Rockpro64 with OpenWrt Patrice 1 1,427 04-06-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Ricks Rockpro
  Cant get rockpro64 working brasilikum 3 1,966 03-19-2023, 06:22 AM
Last Post: runyor
  RockPro64 Stopped working WarpLover 5 2,877 02-06-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: diizzy
Lightbulb ROCKPro64 + SSD case model for 3D print Spater 0 1,087 01-27-2023, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Spater
  RockPro64 and Neon rapier1 2 1,928 10-21-2022, 07:44 AM
Last Post: rapier1

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)