Preliminary findings...
Received Rock64 the other day found some time to mess with it. 

So finding there are some tools to add that I would like, just the same I decided to proceed without them, i.e. serial port setup, etc.  Hesitated a bit since I had not done one of these before, didn't want to hose it up beyond repair first time around.  But.. did anyway.

Loaded bionic.  Boots fine, do not have a working monitor on it, got to find the right combo.  I am logged in and updating bionic as I speak.

I have not pinpointed, but am investigating as I observe.  There is no apparent reason for it, do not know if it specifically has been mentioned, but ethernet is show RX errors, I noticed right off the bat.  Superficially, it should not have errors, i.e. a fairly new cable from Wally-World (it is one of those flat ones), but technically between my router and the rock64, the cable is the only thing.  Except for low level OS drivers... in ubuntu.  I am pretty confident in my network in house, as I am 4 TV cord cutter as well as internet... it is pretty solid.  And running ubuntu 17.10 vm under windows on the same subnet same route, no RX errors.

I have not noticed anyone else mentioning that, but have noticed the mention of poor network I/O.

Been trying to setup qemu dev environment for this (not really much luck booting anything on it).

Will continue to observe, and inform as I progress.

Messages In This Thread
Preliminary findings... - by 11b2p508 - 02-10-2018, 09:37 PM
RE: Preliminary findings... - by 11b2p508 - 02-11-2018, 07:31 PM