Unable to change resolution and poor performance
Hello Community,

I've already opened a Thread, concerning my issues with the Rock64, however there are similar issues with my Pine A64-LTS aswell. Altough I've used the bsp-Kernel variants, everything is laggy and choppy, even though I expected at least the xenial MATE build to work properly. The intended use is inside a self-made Tablet and while this could bring up the conlusion, that I want it to have Android, I don’t. My preferred choice is Linux, even better if I could use GNOME 3 on it (also my touch screen wasnt supported by Android and it was slow for whatever reason aswell.). Like in my Rock64 Thread, GNOME 3 showed llvmpipe as graphics device (backchecking with the system-monitor confirmed that it was software rendering) so that was unusable. I really love this board for the fact, that it has battery support and decent perfomance on paper, that I couldn’t see in real life yet, so how can I improve this. Also a problem that is just as big, is the fact that I can’t change resolution propery. Most images provide 1080p. What I need for this screen is 1024x600. Trying to change that in the config file always resulted in black screen/weird distortion, same with 720p. Only Armbian provided an usable 720p config. I hope for help from you guys to at least finallize this project from the software side.

Greetings, Max

Messages In This Thread
Unable to change resolution and poor performance - by MaWalla - 12-19-2017, 06:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Ethernet LED behaviour pine_A64_user 0 1,337 09-15-2021, 04:41 AM
Last Post: pine_A64_user
  Files change randomly after coping to USB disks sosojni 2 4,330 07-28-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Unable to access other UART devices alistair23 6 7,010 10-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: alistair23