rkflashtool -n does not recognize memory [RESOLVED]
@Luke,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Here is what I did.
  • Insert the eMMC card, but not the microSD
  • Do not apply the jumper
  • Plugin the USB A2A cable to the top USB port (white)
  • Plugin the power cable
  • Press and Hold the Recovery Btn
  • Press the Reset Btn (white LED flashes for an instant)
  • After 3+ seconds, release the Recovery Btn
Output of rkflashtool:
Code:
vlad:rock64 tcp$ sudo rkflashtool n
rkflashtool: info: rkflashtool v5.2
rkflashtool: info: Detected RK3328...
rkflashtool: info: interface claimed
rkflashtool: info: MASK ROM MODE
libusb: warning [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: device not responding (value = 0xe00002ed)
libusb: warning [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: device not responding (value = 0xe00002ed)
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = Out): pipe is stalled (code = 0xe000404f)
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = In): pipe is stalled (code = 0xe000404f)
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = In): pipe is stalled (code = 0xe000404f)
rkflashtool: info: Flash ID: 00 00 00 00 00
libusb: error [submit_bulk_transfer] bulk transfer failed (dir = Out): pipe is stalled (code = 0xe000404f)
rkflashtool: info: Flash Info:
    Manufacturer: Samsung (0)
    Flash Size: 0MB
    Block Size: 0KB
    Page Size: 0KB
    ECC Bits: 0
    Access Time: 0
    Flash CS:
vlad:rock64 tcp$

After power is applied, the Red and Green LEDs are consistently lit.  I'm fairly certain I'm pressing the buttons correctly - there is an audible sound when the button is engaged and then disengaged.  Just for sanity, I'm seeing the Recovery button located next to the emmc jumper, and the Reset next to the eMMC socket itself.

Yet the output of rkflashtool clearly states "MASK ROM MODE", which is what I get if I powerup the system and do not press any buttons at all.

I've also tried inserting the USB as the final step.  If I remove the power cable, the LEDs remain on.  Clicking the power button seems to have no effect, but clicking Reset results in all LEDs going out, and I can no longer communicate with the board.

Wondering if this could be a simple timing issue, I put a little script together with the hopes I'd see a "Flash ID" or something other than MASK ROM MODE.

Code:
while true; do sudo rkflashtool n  2>&1 | grep 'Flash ID'; sleep .1; done

With that code running, I've tried different combinations of time, buttons, inserts, and verbal indulgences.  

Mega strange.  I can get access to a second board that I can test against later.

BTW, what is the expected output from rkflashtool when Loader Mode works, and the eMMC device is detected.

Messages In This Thread
RE: rkflashtool -n does not recognize memory - by toby - 11-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rock64, compile problems "illegal instruction", "memory fault" -> ddr_333Mhz? klausfelix 0 1,528 07-02-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: klausfelix
  rock64, compile problems "illegal instruction", "memory fault" -> ddr_333Mhz? hunderteins 10 15,123 11-17-2020, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Johannes
Photo ROCK64 v3 4GB DDR board memory chip number Johannes 2 4,314 04-05-2020, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Johannes
  Rock64 does not boot - SPI problem [resolved] csharpy 7 10,473 03-21-2018, 09:34 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Unable to flash Android TV on eMMC: rkflashtool error fbossi 3 5,111 02-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Last Post: dannyboyw
  ROCK64 does not recognize USB Wifi module (WL300NU-G) pine3228 2 4,117 01-03-2018, 03:56 AM
Last Post: pine3228