Playbox enclosure help
Thumbs Up 
(10-23-2017, 01:12 PM)Luke Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 11:21 AM)odatkid Wrote: Hi All,
 I'm a newbie and can use some help. Are there any on/off or reset switches for Playbox Enclosure Case?
 I got a little note saying a on/off switch was sent as a bonus but I can't find it, and I don't know how I would be able to do anything.

What I ordered along with the board was the 7inch touchscreen and the lithium battery. The battery seems to be charging when I plug it's charger in (at least a red LED can be seen inside the case, but it stays on even after I unplug the charger).

I need to solve how I'll be able to turn this off and on.  (I'll deal with installing OS next Confused )

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.....Tom

Hi Tom,

Which board did you order? On the original Pine A64 board you could solder on pwn and reset switches. My LTS arrived with the switches soldered on. 
Either way, using android you can power the board off in software via a compatible keyboard or downloading an app (just search the playstore for power off). 
Using Linux just power the board down from within the DE do or:
Code:
sudo shutdown now

For powering the board on plug the power cable in an it will come to life.

As for installing OS images, I suggest you start here.  

More info can be found in the wiki in your device's subsection. 

Hope this helps
Luke,
 Thank you very much for the reply. This is the original board that I received before the long, long wait for the playbox enclosure, I shelved everything while waiting and now I'd like to see what this can do. I'll follow the link you left me for installing the OS image. After imaging the micro sdcard should be installed before I close up the case correct? I'm familiar with Android so if I can get it installed I should be OK. I would need guidance on soldering on/off/reset switch when I get one.
 Thank you again ....Tom Cool

Messages In This Thread
Playbox enclosure help - by odatkid - 10-23-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Playbox enclosure help - by Luke - 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: Playbox enclosure help - by odatkid - 10-23-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: Playbox enclosure help - by Luke - 10-23-2017, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up (Solved) Enclosure Assembly odatkid 0 2,016 10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: odatkid
  How to open Playbox with screen installed? LAPine 3 4,938 12-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Last Post: LAPine