+PINEBOOK ufw fails from terminal ufw.frontend module missing
I'm trying to setup iptables and I see ubuntu xenial uses ufw as a frontend. I tried ufw from the terminal but see ufw.frontend module missing error. I looked to apt-get install ufw-frontend but that's a deadend package according to google searches. It's confusing.. appears maybe Mate was setup to gufw frontend ufw with no command line but this doesn't work for me either. gui accepts password but opens no dialog to configure firewall. 

I see iptables and can access /etc/ufw/user.rules from root but didn't want to Just Modify this directly without some playing. I don't see any iptables rules files in root and assume iptables-save -restore scenarios wont work... that ufw loads iptables at boot.

Has anyone worked with the pinebook ubuntu firewall (ufw or other means)? If not, I'd be very surprised. I assume this is local configuration of ubuntu xenial mate for pinebook causing the problems Only because there's no google search results solving it BUT there's also nothing on ufw in Pine64 forum before this thread.

Thanks for any comments/questions and especially constructive suggestions/solutions. Thanks again, Mike

Messages In This Thread
ufw fails from terminal ufw.frontend module missing - by lisanke - 07-29-2017, 03:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kernel module snd_seq pelgrim 0 2,290 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: pelgrim
Question Set-up the wifi module jereze 9 18,134 05-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: jereze